New Park Flyer Series!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOC

TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
They Are HERE!!!! We are excited to announce the release of our new "Park Flyer" series. Coming in at 1.62" diameter and sporting a 29mm motor tube, these kits are designed for the ball field, soccer field or any other tight area. Made with LOC's heavy duty air-frame, rock solid 1.62" nose cone, and slotted booster, these kits can take a beating! Looking for a 24mm motor mount? Simply add our MMA-1 for a temporary reduction in motor size, or glue it in for a permanent solution!!! Assembly in minutes! Made for D-G flights and include everything you need except the fuel!!! All Park Flyer series kits include laser cut fins and fin slots. Recovery systems have elastic cord, parachute and fire resistant blanket. Instructions included.
Visit one of our vendor's or visit us on-line!!! Get Up There!!!

PFY-Release.jpg

That's a lotta scale sweetness I need in my life.

Edit: Sandhawk on the way!

Those are sized to where folks will know you've launched something, cool.

Heck Ya!!! Launching a G up close still rocks my ears. AND it's a lot easier to prep!!! Get up there!!!

It's great to see you in the vendor section...and great to see your new offerings! Yes. Some will be mine.

Cheers,
Michael

Ordered a Hyper, I like the shape of the fins, the angle at the back help with rough landing. The EZE will be my next choice, the extra length of the Hyper will make more room for the chute release and a com-spec tracker, can't wait to launch it with a G75

I'll want photos of the G-75!! I've got a G-104 and an H-128 ready. We haven't been able to break one yet!!! These are just too much fun and take us back to roots of being young!
Ordered a Hyper, I like the shape of the fins, the angle at the back help with rough landing. The EZE will be my next choice, the extra length of the Hyper will make more room for the chute release and a com-spec tracker, can't wait to launch it with a G75

Thanks!! It's great to be back!!! Build threads required with a purchase!!! :wink:

It's great to see you in the vendor section...and great to see your new offerings! Yes. Some will be mine.

Cheers,
Michael

I'll want photos of the G-75!! I've got a G-104 and an H-128 ready. We haven't been able to break one yet!!! These are just too much fun and take us back to roots of being young!

An you call them park flyers, :facepalm:

I think one would be good for my son and his Jr lv 1 . Low cost and quick build for him . And maybe a few for me and have low cost launch

I suppose as heavy as they are for their size, if you adapted them down to 24mm you could fly them in a fairly small site.

I'm wondering if the motor tube will take an Estes 29mm screw-on motor retainer without too much fuss. If so, that coupled with the Estes 29/24mm plastic adapters would make them VERY flexible in what size motors they could be flown on from an Estes D12-3 up to a baby H. They might be great fun on the Aerotech 24mm baby F F44s.

This is a nice addition since Estes appears to be phasing out much of their PS II series. Thanks for filling this void. I like the sounding rockets, but I'd be really interested in some less conventional 3/4FNC kits in this space.

I suppose as heavy as they are for their size, if you adapted them down to 24mm you could fly them in a fairly small site.

I'm wondering if the motor tube will take an Estes 29mm screw-on motor retainer without too much fuss. If so, that coupled with the Estes 29/24mm plastic adapters would make them VERY flexible in what size motors they could be flown on from an Estes D12-3 up to a baby H. They might be great fun on the Aerotech 24mm baby F F44s.
So on a 24mm motor how high will it go on a small field,?

I was looking for ISQY.
It's not under the Park Flier category, that takes one to the Mini's.
I found it under the 1.63 kits.
But it's 41.50, not the 40.95 as in your OP.
Might want to make some corrections.
Interesting, because the Park Flyer link (on the site header) took me to the Park Flyer page. And the IQSY Tomahawk was there...

It should, just. It fits in a BT60 tube, which is similar sized, though I don't know how the ID's compare offhand.

I don't consider these park flyers with a 29mm motor tube. 24mm motors, maybe. The weight is not shown, but the rockets are probably similar to my shortened Weasel. That easily goes over 3000' with a G motor. People are already talking about H motors and Level 1 with these things. Soccer field? Bye-Bye. It just landed on somebody's roof, on a car, in the woods, or across the interstate.

No one says you have to put a 29mm H in them. But you can, and some of them are light enough to handle 24mm black powder to a few hundred feet. That's versatility.

I think the title is a bit misleading. Play it smart. These are near-minimum diameter rockets designed for APCP motors.

I will disagree that the description of park flyer is misleading. If a D or E black powder motor is used the could very easily be park flyers. As soon as a F motor is inserted that is different. These rockets are an excellent entry level rocket for those new to MPR and are an excellent replacement for the now gone PSII builders kits.

So...whos going to be the first to pervert these "park fliers" into "fiberglassed mach-busting monsters"

Back