New Park Flyer Series!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just cruising the LOC website. Apparently they still have some COOL SPOOLS in the Closeout section, for those of you that might want to add one to your next order.

Where is the close out section? Can't seem to find it. Linky?

You sir... will hopefully enjoy the next round of release aimed at the 2.56" line... and the Magg is on the list!! =)

I have long thought 2.56" is a good sweet spot. It is exciting to hear you are planning on adding to that under-represented line. It is perfect for the G64...one of the best "bang-for-the-buck" motors out there.

My bank account, on the other hand, is fearful now!

Cheers,
Michael

Just received mine, nice package, nice kit, but they forget to include the vinyl decal , I email them, I will see

for reference from their website

The Hyperloc 160 is one of many Park Flyer kits. Designed to have the capability to be flown at ball diamond, large field, and anything in-between. Includes a payload bay, vinyl decal, 29mm motor mount and can be assembled in minutes!

Update, I receive news from LOC, and they where [FONT=arial, sans-serif] unable to acquire decals for any of the Park Flyer kits and they modify the description on their website and make a nice arrangement to compensate, great service.

But it's sad, it's made a huge difference when you apply decals, [/FONT]

Mark over at sticker shock is working something out. Stay tuned.....

Good, so you will include his decals in your kit for the same price. Finally the kit will come with decals as it was advertized on your website....or do I miss the part where I have to pay more + extra shipping ?

Some will have vinyl lettering for a decal which we are working out. ie IRIS, Hawk. And all will have a full wrap eventually, but that will be an extra cost. I apologize if you misinterpreted a phrase somewhere...

I apologize if you misinterpreted a phrase somewhere...

Wow I misinterpreted something , wow I include the the email someone name Jason send me at LOC at the bottom , I was happy with the coupon , I even right away order an other kit, but to tell I misinterpreted a phrase somewhere... here what was on your website until 2 days ago . If I know I will have mand a screenshot

"The Hyperloc 160 is one of many Park Flyer kits. Designed to have the capability to be flown at ball diamond, large field, and anything in-between. Includes a payload bay, vinyl decal, 29mm motor mount and can be assembled in minutes!" I copy from your website and paste it in the email I send and someone name Jason reply

"Unfortunately we were unable to acquire decals to this point for any of the Park Flyer kits. We may offer some in the future but that side of the business hasn’t been solidified to this point. We have updated the website information as well taken off any mention of decals. Thank you for catching our error and in exchange we’d like to extend a $10 coupon for you to use on a future purchase on our site."

Some will have vinyl lettering for a decal which we are working out. ie IRIS, Hawk. And all will have a full wrap eventually, but that will be an extra cost. I apologize if you misinterpreted a phrase somewhere...

:point::point::point::point::point:

Wow I misinterpreted something , wow I include the the email someone name Jason send me at LOC at the bottom , I was happy with the coupon , I even right away order an other kit, but to tell I misinterpreted a phrase somewhere... here what was on your website until 2 days ago . If I know I will have mand a screenshot

"The Hyperloc 160 is one of many Park Flyer kits. Designed to have the capability to be flown at ball diamond, large field, and anything in-between. Includes a payload bay, vinyl decal, 29mm motor mount and can be assembled in minutes!" I copy from your website and paste it in the email I send and someone name Jason reply

"Unfortunately we were unable to acquire decals to this point for any of the Park Flyer kits. We may offer some in the future but that side of the business hasn’t been solidified to this point. We have updated the website information as well taken off any mention of decals. Thank you for catching our error and in exchange we’d like to extend a $10 coupon for you to use on a future purchase on our site."

Now that's good customer service.

How many noticed the new 7.5" Patriot Missle kit on Loc's website....(I saw it posted on FaceBook iirc).

Looks like Loc posted it in an announcement on TRF a few hours ago, still COOL!

Last edited:
How many noticed the new 7.5" Patriot Missle kit on Loc's website....(I saw it posted on FaceBook iirc).

Looks like Loc posted it in an announcement on TRF a few hours ago, still COOL!

I saw it on Facebook. And for the same cost, apples to apples, of the 5.5" BBII I've been eyeing. Really, really tempting.

Q-Aero was correct. The website clearly said vinyl decal was included (I saw the same when I was trying to understand the difference between the Park Flyer and Aura). So, the customer finds the error, and you accuse him of misinterpretation? Wow.

I know you are new and everything, but you do need to tidy up your webpage and ads to remove the errors and ambiguities.

It's all good. I was just stating the intent was not to offer decals, just vinyl lettering at some point. I just got some clarity from the web guy and he said it did say decals for a short there so sorry about that confusion!

Q-Aero was correct. The website clearly said vinyl decal was included (I saw the same when I was trying to understand the difference between the Park Flyer and Aura). So, the customer finds the error, and you accuse him of misinterpretation? Wow.

I know you are new and everything, but you do need to tidy up your webpage and ads to remove the errors and ambiguities.

Well, at those price with declas it was interesting, but if I have to pay more, Competitors thin FB right away. cardboard kits don't cost a lot to produce compare to filament wound fiberglass, so price should be way lower.

You have many complains in this tread, first the name, then the 29 motor tube, wrong description and blame the paying customers from your mistake, I see more and more competitors rockets around since 2 or 3 years. Anyway foods for you thought, I don't have investment in LOC

I can't see how Q-Aero possibly misinterpreted anything. I mean, look at the impeccable grammar he uses.

If you don't like LOC or think they are too pricey, don't buy from them. Show me this competitors thin wall FG, not FB, at the same price point. I know of one, and it doesn't come with a chute.

Don't blast them here on a public forum, take it private. They say they are working on an arrangement and gave you a coupon. Every LOC I've seen had decals as an extra cost.

Sorry..you may continue.

Mikey D

I can't see how Q-Aero possibly misinterpreted anything. I mean, look at the impeccable grammar he uses.

How many on this forum that don't understand that not every one in the world who launch rocket are not living in a country where English is the language ? I may felt English, but chalenge me on science, any one, especially rockets , it's a rocketry forum no ?

As for your thin wall, I don't expect them at same price, but they are in my point of view a better investment in long term, so price is not the only criteria. Beside I was looking for a kit with decals, a complete kit that I don’t have to shop left and right, it’s only a low power rocket to have fun in the field near my place. Have you ever build a RC planes from a balsa kit ? You will see that you have to order so many things, sometime you want simple.
I don’t even paint my FB rocket I found they look cool without paint. But a cardboard, you need to fill the spiral, paint it, so why not finish it properly.
So here what I think, 38mm cardboard rockets with decals and paint, I don’t spent more than $ 100
FB thin wall, I’m comfortable to go $ 200 , put Areopack aluminum bulkhead ,,,, all the kit

How many on this forum that don't understand that not every one in the world who launch rocket are not living in a country where English is the language ? I may felt English, but chalenge me on science, any one, especially rockets , it's a rocketry forum no ?

As for your thin wall, I don't expect them at same price, but they are in my point of view a better investment in long term, so price is not the only criteria. Beside I was looking for a kit with decals, a complete kit that I don’t have to shop left and right, it’s only a low power rocket to have fun in the field near my place. Have you ever build a RC planes from a balsa kit ? You will see that you have to order so many things, sometime you want simple.
I don’t even paint my FB rocket I found they look cool without paint. But a cardboard, you need to fill the spiral, paint it, so why not finish it properly.
So here what I think, 38mm cardboard rockets with decals and paint, I don’t spent more than $ 100
FB thin wall, I’m comfortable to go $ 200 , put Areopack aluminum bulkhead ,,,, all the kit

I see what you are saying, and your frustration is understandable...to some degree.

Good vinyl for decals is pricey, just like everything else in the hobby. I have a 50 dollar rocket with a 25 dollar retainer, that's crazy. I am getting away from expensive retainers eventually. My first fiberglass kit, I ordered stuff from 4 different places, didn't use decals though. That would have been another order fromyet another place.

I have no personal experience with LOC, I've drooled over the IROC for about a year now, but my only LOC was bought from another party. But either way, having a debate such as this in an open forum is not good for any part involved. May be something to think about.

My jab about your grammar was not meant to be offensive. I suspected you were not from here or were not very good with the English language. Maybe my comment was in bad taste, and if you took offense, my apologies.

Mikey D

…. and your frustration is understandable...to some degree ………. having a debate such as this in an open forum is not good for any part involved. May be something to think about.
Again you blame me for nothing wrong I did, I’m not frustrated at all. I purchase 3 LOC kit last months

Here was started :

Just received mine, nice package, nice kit, but they forget to include the vinyl decal , I email them, I will see
Update, I receive news from LOC, and they where unable to acquire decals for any of the Park Flyer kits and they modify the description on their website and make a nice arrangement to compensate, great service.
But it's sad, it's made a huge difference when you apply decals,

And then the guy of LOC blame me for their website guy mistake :

I apologize if you misinterpreted a phrase somewhere...

This is a good thread (initiated by the vendor, BTW). A number of errors and inconsistencies were found with these new kits. LOC seems happy with the feedback and owned up to the errors. Kudos to them. The fanboys can see no wrong, though.

And this, my friends, is why we can't have nice things. Vendors do shy away from the forum because they have learned how easily things can go south. Nobody is fully in the wrong here, but communication is not easy in this format and misunderstandings almost always escalate more than necessary.

I really like the two Park Flyer kits that I received. I've already begun prepping the parts for the BBX. I know it's going to be a fun build!

Hopefully, this thread can get back on the rails to the benefit of all of us...

Cheers,
Michael

Good grief some of you need to push away from the keyboard for a few days.

And if you have to ask the question, "I wonder if Dave is talking about me?" then yes, I am referring to you.

Back