Mach Buster Rocket Kit - Go fast on a budget!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tank is right. Mine tipped the scale 10g heavier than my 29mm G80 powered Machbuster with tracker. But the 29mm one is pretty much a fly weight one shot deal. Lot more potential to survive to fly another day with the yellow one. If I can fined it.

IMG_0302.jpg

LAST CALL TO GET YOUR MACH BUSTERS!!!

9 KITS AVAILABLE!!!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/519352934/mach-buster-rocket-kit

I am going to wrap up production of the Mach Buster and move on to other designs. It's been really cool to see the interest in these and there will be plenty of them out in the wild for years to come! Keep your eyes peeled for my first original design kit!

Shaping up to be a 29mm screamer with optional altimeter bay payload. 3D printed cone, G10 fins, and alignment guide included as with the Mach Buster.

I still have a lot to do to get it ready, so it will be a while.

Shaping up to be a 29mm screamer with optional altimeter bay payload. 3D printed cone, G10 fins, and alignment guide included as with the Mach Buster.

:pop:

I'll take the first one.

I'll take the first one.

Sounds good. Hopefully getting fins finalized today so that I can pick them up next weekend. I have some good ideas for the optional payload bay that will make the rocket altimeter-ready out of the box with most of the work done before the kit arrives. The base kit will be motor deploy and very durable should anyone want to stuff a G80T or DMS SU H/I in there and let it rip.

Tentative designs:

Short configuration with a G80T (20g of noseweight is required for stability)

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at June 16, 20178.04.02 AM.jpg

Short configuration with an I205W DMS:

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at June 16, 20178.01.39 AM.jpg

Payload configuration with a CTI I243 29-6GXL:

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at June 16, 20178.07.46 AM.jpg

Well that's embarassing...I found two more sets of fins while cleaning my work bench. Quantity updated on my web store!

Go clean your work spaces, who knows what you'll find!

Just got my kit in the mail and ordered a set of decals. I'm excited to build another one after I lost my original on an F72-10 flight a few years back. Wish I had more of those engines :)

Also, how am I supposed to use the shock cord mount? Specifically, how am I to attach the kevlar line to the mount? Maybe I'm supposed to drill out the tiny hole through the bump in the ring? There is a pin-sized hole there now, but it would need to be enlarged a bit to fit the cord through.

Just got my kit in the mail and ordered a set of decals. I'm excited to build another one after I lost my original on an F72-10 flight a few years back. Wish I had more of those engines :)

Also, how am I supposed to use the shock cord mount? Specifically, how am I to attach the kevlar line to the mount? Maybe I'm supposed to drill out the tiny hole through the bump in the ring? There is a pin-sized hole there now, but it would need to be enlarged a bit to fit the cord through.

Drill it out with a small drill bit, slip it through, then knot it on the motor mount side. I did it that way so that you have a nice fresh surface to glue to should you wish to epoxy it.

Enjoy!

Quick question on this- I haven't built mine yet, but was wondering if it worked with the AMW fly away rail guides.. or is it too narrow?

Quick question on this- I haven't built mine yet, but was wondering if it worked with the AMW fly away rail guides.. or is it too narrow?

It's the equivalent diameter of a 29mm motor, not a 29mm motor tube. You can cut a piece of 29mm motor tube in half and affix to the fly away guide and it should work!

Back