Estes Saturn V Nozzle Assembly

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I acquired the Estes Saturn V this past winter and I'm almost done with the build. After more than halfway through the build I realized that the kit was missing the fifth nozzle assembly for the base/stand. I contacted Estes and they sent me a replacement tower assembly which is not what I needed. I've been in contact with them and I'm still waiting to see if they can come up with a nozzle assembly for me. In the meantime, I thought I would check here to see if anyone knows where I can come up with a fifth nozzle. I bought the Oldie Moldies fin and tower assembly but they don't list the nozzles. Apogee Rockets has a nozzle assembly but it is for the 1/70 scale model not the 1/100 scale model. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Jim

What I need:

Nozzle 2.jpg

Well I've been going back and forth with Estes about a replacement nozzle but they aren't having much luck coming up with a solution at this point. They are still trying but they say they don't have any kits on hand to rob from.

So I am still looking for anyone who may have a 3d printed or spare Nozzle assembly for the 1/100 scale Estes Saturn V.

Thanks - Jim

Although you can get resin F-1 engines with foil-batting, which is correct for all flown Saturn Vs - https://www.realspacemodels.com/shop-galapagos/196-batted-f-1-engine-set .

F-1.jpg

It's actually 1/96 but who's worried about 4 scale inches - unless you're an obsessive competition scale flyer! :)

Although you can get resin F-1 engines with foil-batting, which is correct for all flown Saturn Vs - https://www.realspacemodels.com/shop-galapagos/196-batted-f-1-engine-set .

F-1.jpg

It's actually 1/96 but who's worried about 4 scale inches - unless you're an obsessive competition scale flyer! :)

Those are an option if I decide to rebuild the whole base assembly but since the one I have works except for the missing fifth nozzle, I'll hold on a while before going drastic.

I found a set of Saturn V engine parts for you. I will give them to customer service.

I just happen to know a guy. And this guy knows were stuff is stashed that others don't. :wink:

John Boren

I found a set of Saturn V engine parts for you. I will give them to customer service.

I just happen to know a guy. And this guy knows were stuff is stashed that others don't. :wink:

John Boren

John,

Thank you very much. Christine has been trying to find one but not having any luck. I only need the one nozzle assembly. I can send the tower assembly back that they mistakenly sent if they want it.

Thanks again - Jim

The same thing happened to me in '79 or '80. My parents trashed that Saturn, so I won't be needing a replacement

My Saturn came with some extra parts (and was missing some other parts that were quickly replaced by Estes) I know there are a few nozzles in a box somewhere in my workshed...

Chris

Back