New Aerotech Motor Files

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markkoelsch

Reaction score
Hello,

Tripoli Motor Test has certified two new Aerotech motors. The first is a new 38mm DMS motor called the J435 Super White Lighting - yes, a new version of White Lightning. The second motor is a new White Lightning load for the 38/1080 called the J520 White Lightning.

Motor files are available on Thrustcurve, and complete by manufacturer motor files are available at https://www.rocketryfiles.com/?p=home&d=FlightSimulation/MotorFiles/ (username and password are both guest).

Thanks for your work keeping up the files Mark. Mark do you remember way back when AT would do a once a year fast White Lighting motor run. Just wondering if might be the same type motor? I also heard the J520 is to be the non hazmat shipping fee motor?

Thanks for your work keeping up the files Mark. Mark do you remember way back when AT would do a once a year fast White Lighting motor run. Just wondering if might be the same type motor? I also heard the J520 is to be the non hazmat shipping fee motor?

Gary, I do remember that. I was a fan of the G80 Fast White Lightning. I am not sure about the hazmat shipping.

Thats correct about the shipping

Hello,

after a member of NAR S&T pointed out an error in something we (Tripoli Motor Test) overlooked, we had to revisit the certifications of the new J435 and J520. The delay times deviated to far from spec so we have had to revoke the certifications or these two motors.

I will, as time allows, remove them from my motor files and Thrustcurve.

I just noticed this thread after reading about the J520 in the magazine. Do you know if/when these motors will be re-submitted and re-evaluated for certification?

I just noticed this thread after reading about the J520 in the magazine. Do you know if/when these motors will be re-submitted and re-evaluated for certification?

I do not have knowledge of that.

I dont care about the delay..eGGtimer Quarks are inexpensive and work great !

Make it a plugged motor like the I65 and let it loose !

Kenny

I dont care about the delay..eGGtimer Quarks are inexpensive and work great !

Make it a plugged motor like the I65 and let it loose !

Kenny

It won't sell well as a plugged motor since the cost will likely be similar to the J570 but the impulse is around a J350.

Back