Cheap Streamers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhbarr

Amateur Professional
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
$2 USD @ Walrus Martians, 4m, grommeted sewn harness w/ barrel swivel.
120ce520cf24f9df2e15990efb4fcafc.jpg

Takes about 10" of 18mm tube, but I think it'd be a chancy deploy. There's also a vertical stripe pattern, solid red, & solid pink.

Sent one up two times in my Quest Falcon, c6-5 and d21-7. Great looking streamer, glad I bought several.

I googled that name and am not coming up with anything...is that a local shop?

Streamer for both LPR and MPR rockets up to about 2.5lbs can be made from a number of common, easy to find & cheap materials.
For Light LPR models 1" surveyor's tape in a variety of colors makes excellent single or double strand streamers. For a bit larger models, a roll of 2 &3" Yellow Caution tape can be had at Lowe'for under 7 bucks. 2" to 6" Crepe paper makes awsome streamers for sport and competition rockets up to 1.5lbs. Wide 3, 4 & 5" ribbon also does a decent job for larger models up to about 2.5lbs.
There are PETF (teflon) Military grade muted color tapes from 1/4" to 2" wide on 43ft rolls that not only make wonderful Streamers but also eliminate the need for FP Wadding as well.

Streamers-a1_Mylar,Micafilm,Crepe materials_09-30-06.jpg

Streamers-c_Cheap materal_2in plastic Caution Tape_01-08-10.JPG

Teflon Streamer-a_.5in to 2in Streamer tapes_06-02-04.jpg

Last edited:
Back