9 engine CHAD cluster

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A cluster of four A10-A10-A10 3T? 12 motors in all. Need to ask Slim on what he thinks chances are.:)

HR cig3.jpgHRcig3.jpg

I painted it Engine Orange. Maybe looks too Pyro like. Tractor motors on a stick. 1/4" lugs, 6 ft rod. Questionable cluster, staged, first flight, not a kit, funny looking. Gonna call it SHARKNADER.

The fireworks guys have it right. All motors in front with a big stick below. Add fins cuz we're what you call rocket scientists. CHAD, baby, CHAD it up! Photo is not a CHAD example, but it meets the other criteria.

birdhouse_v2_launch.jpg

Last edited:
I've had that happen... Mine was only an ancient C6-0 and it still wrecked the bottom inch of the upper stage on its own. Not exactly the best option.

There are rockets that use classic BP staging with clusters - Apogee sells a rocket, the 2x4 I think (I forget who actually makes it) that does that. 3 stages of that might be iffy though.

I've had that happen... Mine was only an ancient C6-0 and it still wrecked the bottom inch of the upper stage on its own. Not exactly the best option.

There are rockets that use classic BP staging with clusters - Apogee sells a rocket, the 2x4 I think (I forget who actually makes it) that does that. 3 stages of that might be iffy though.

The New Way 2X4 is just a simple stager, no clusters. It is the US Rockets Hi Test 3100 that has 4 to 4 gap staging. At least the motors are on the bottom of that one, not some silly taped tractor motor/almost rack rocket monstrosity!

Back