(I NEED YOUR OPINION!) looking in to Starting a rocket kit business...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you serious, the BV-141 is a plane with fix wings with an airfoil , the single side elevator control the pitch, this funny design can use the ailerons of the wings to trim the roll or pitch if the the single side elevator create a problem ( I don't know if it's necessary, I have not study the BV-141, but it's an option available ) , beside our rocket use fixed fins

your 90' idea with the side wind pushing on one fin will make the rocket rotate on one direction and then the other fin will be exposed to the wind and make it rotate in the opposite direction, this can create a dangerous oscillation and make the rocket very unstable

From your website

"This is a small business owned by a young rocketeer, Andrew.

He has been launching model rockets for 10 years.
When he isn't flying rockets, he watches rocket launch DVD's, and he reads rocket magazines.
The biggest motor ever flown by him was an Aero-Tech G125-10T in his Estes Partizon.
Andrew said; "Since mid 2014 I have wanted to start a small rocket hobby sale, in late December of 2014 I put together my first rocket kit, I never tried to sell it, but I just put it together for fun "

seriously, " Andrew said " are you Julius Caesar? , He was saying "He" , when he was speaking about himself . Why not use We …. The Popes of the time of Papal States was using "We"

is it not pushing to much ? You not even register as a business

from the business dictionay "Establish; [FONT=&amp] Prove or settle beyond reasonable doubt."[/FONT]

From your website

seriously, " Andrew said " are you Julius Caesar? , He was saying "He" , when he was speaking about himself . Why not use We …. The Pope of the time of Papal States was using "We"

Well, the bio is about me. I didn't fully write it.......
Thanks,

Well, the bio is about me. I didn't fully write it.......
Thanks,

andrew, dont let the troll with the sick remarks bother you.
youre doing great and making great strides in your effort to keep yourself busy this summer and maybe make a few bucks.
and youre learning a LOT! youve been listening to peoples advise and suggestions and making corrections when necessary.
youre more of an adult than him.

andrew, dont let the troll with the sick remarks bother you.
youre doing great and making great strides in your effort to keep yourself busy this summer and maybe make a few bucks.
and youre learning a LOT! youve been listening to peoples advise and suggestions and making corrections when necessary.
youre more of an adult than him.

+1
It'll only make you stronger.

Troll , childish, lol, as I said it's a good learning experience, peoples help him, good group effort, but making peoples believe something is not what is it on a web site, what kind of learning experience is that. As I said, he should get a more personal approach on his business like many good manufacturer and seller we have in this hobby. Peoples help him in this tread because they know he start, customer will do the same on his website if he get more a more personal approach and don’t try to look like a corporate business.
The Establish is way of line, you like it or not I bring what I think it’s good points.
To have been in business since the last 35 years, you better with customers who tell you what they don’t like than customers who say nothing and never comeback. It’s in all marketing books.
Peoples do professional business plan and extensive marketing studies and they fail. If the kid want to have fun and produce rocket kit, good, we never know he can succeed, but the web site reflect other thing.

Now if this post look childish or been trolling,... Beside this kit still don't have the good ratio for a Patriot, how many time I see peoples complain about the nose cones of some Patriot kits,

Troll , childish, lol, as I said it's a good learning experience, peoples help him, good group effort, but making peoples believe something is not what is it on a web site, what kind of learning experience is that. As I said, he should get a more personal approach on his business like many good manufacturer and seller we have in this hobby. Peoples help him in this tread because they know he start, customer will do the same on his website if he get more a more personal approach and don’t try to look like a corporate business.
The Establish is way of line, you like it or not I bring what I think it’s good points.
To have been in business since the last 35 years, you better with customers who tell you what they don’t like than customers who say nothing and never comeback. It’s in all marketing books.
Peoples do professional business plan and extensive marketing studies and they fail. If the kid want to have fun and produce rocket kit, good, we never know he can succeed, but the web site reflect other thing.

Now if this post look childish or been trolling,... Beside this kit still don't have the good ratio for a Patriot, how many time I see peoples complain about the nose cones of some Patriot kits,

Perhaps you should learn how to write a coherent sentence with proper English before telling someone else how to run their business.

Rockets is 13. Lighten up, Francis.

Two fins? Impossible? Or NOT?

Who would have thought a Gibson Flying V could actually live up to its namesake and FLY?

The Seattle Rocket Works M.I.R.V. Gryphon sustainers have two fins each, but those light up at a much safer distance from the spectators thanks to the booster stage.

your replies tell us you havent followed andrews jouney on this and see what his motive is. andrew isnt starting a company like microsoft.
wait....didnt that start in a garage by a college dropout??
the problem is you have been saying what you dont like and youre not a customer.

i think many of us would agree that your comments and criticism would be best left in the bar.

and thanks for the laugh!!! its aweseome to read a 13 year old have better english comp skills that an adult child

Can you guys guess how popular the Patriot kit will be?
Thanks,

Did you check the competition ; $ 14.95 more scale with decals and free shipping ,.,,, off course I'm the bad guy here, everyone who start a business will succeed .

pat1.jpg
pat2.jpg

Hmm, would it help to shorten the BT?
Thanks,

Did you check the competition ; $ 14.95 more scale with decals and free shipping ,.,,, off course I'm the bad guy here, everyone who start a business will succeed .

View attachment 320372
View attachment 320373

Yeah, I see what you mean. But, however, mine is a LOT easier to assemble. You're not the bad guy, I need criticism ,and, it can actually help me out, because I will know what I'm doing wrong.
Thanks,

Ha, I just notice the body tube is longer than image on the packaging :no: , so now what you have to do is fix the image problem.

As I said above, The rocket image looks really "stubby" on a PC screen, when printed out, it looks much better, BTW.
Thanks,

From me or from Estes? The Estes Patriot is a great kit, I don't like having to deal with coupling a bunch of tubes, though. My review for the Estes Patriot is 3.5 stars.
Thanks,

If the issue you're experiencing with coupling tubes is glue seizing, you can try the method in the attachment.

On the last step it's better to twist the tube and pull the paper towel.

IMG_2713.jpg

your replies tell us you havent followed andrews jouney on this and see what his motive is. andrew isnt starting a company like microsoft.
wait....didnt that start in a garage by a college dropout??
the problem is you have been saying what you dont like and youre not a customer.

i think many of us would agree that your comments and criticism would be best left in the bar.

and thanks for the laugh!!! its aweseome to read a 13 year old have better english comp skills that an adult child

Having a devil's advocate is an important step in preventing groupthink.

AND, it's also not smooth after you couple the tubes together...
Thanks,

What I like to do is sand it roughly flat, then put CA onto the joint and sand until the surface is smooth and the same heigth as the rest of the tube. If there's a small gap between the two tubes, fill it with wood filler before sanding and applying CA.

What I like to do is sand it roughly flat, then put CA onto the joint and sand it smooth and the same heigth as the rest of the tube. If there's a small gap between the two tubes, fill it with wood filler before sanding and applying CA.

OK, I'll try it! :)
Thanks,

And how old someone has to be to see that English is not my language, I found myself not bad for someone who never gets English at school. Having an opposite opinion on this business is not a sign of lack of intelligence, Insulting peoples when you have no argument is

didnt that start in a garage by a college dropout??

Your lack of education on computer history is worst than my English; it's Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak that withdraw, not drop out of college to start to sell computer kit in their garage . Bill Gates was student at Harvard when I meet Steve Ballmer, so he was certainly college graduate, he stops his study to concentrate to programing, he was far from a drop out.

That's will be plain stupid, criticism is useful for take business decisions, if someone can’t take criticism and see if it’s valuable enough to justify a change in the direction his taking, what will happen when customer purchase and have a complain ????? You really show a lack of entrepreneurship.

I agree the Estes coupling is not a good idea, but the point is, I do have a lot of background in rocketry, peoples who will be interested in your kit not, so they will see the Estes as a better choice , as it's a professional looking kit with everything include and they are confident to purchase from Estes and Amazon.
You need to find something different from the other if you want succeed, or at least be more competitive, but how you can be competitive when you purchase $ 100 of parts a retails price against Estes , LOC and many others ? …… Creativity, look at Cervin with his products, he listen to what peoples wants and he is very creative.

And how old someone has to be to see that English is not my language, I found myself not bad for someone who never gets English at school. Having an opposite opinion on this business is not a sign of lack of intelligence, Insulting peoples when you have no argument is

You have a point, English isn't your first language and you expect people to cut you some slack. This is Andrew's first attempt at a kit and he's learning a lot, you might want to cut him the same slack you want.

You have a point, English isn't your first language and you expect people to cut you some slack. This is Andrew's first attempt at a kit and he's learning a lot, you might want to cut him the same slack you want.

Ok good, I will stop to post, I will come back when we have results of this adventure. I wish him luck and hope he will not lose money, because he seems to not have to spare. Keep in mind that I was just trying my best to reply to his answer:

Can you guys guess how popular the Patriot kit will be?
Thanks,

And no worry for me , I don't need slack, I have a very thick skin.

Back