No more tears...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SS/EA 6BBL 71 Cuda

Reaction score
Very little explanation needed to those in the know (and, some who are not).
Today, I corrected the biggest mistake I've ever made in my 49 years of a vagabond life.

Look what followed me home from Chicago! :eek:

View attachment 318419
View attachment 318420

I even gave her a warm soapy bath when she got home...;)

1 of 184 made in Maximum Steel Metallic.
1 of 59 Manuals.
1 of 34 without a sunroof. *yuck*
The ONLY one allotted for shipment to Illinois.

Yes, I have hugged it a few times...:rolleyes:

Very little explanation needed to those in the know (and, some who are not).
Today, I corrected the biggest mistake I've ever made in my 49 years of a vagabond life.

Look what followed me home from Chicago! :eek:

View attachment 318419
View attachment 318420

I even gave her a warm soapy bath when she got home...;)

1 of 184 made in Maximum Steel Metallic.
1 of 59 Manuals.
1 of 34 without a sunroof. *yuck*
The ONLY one allotted for shipment to Illinois.

Yes, I have hugged it a few times...:rolleyes:
That looks "devilish"

What did you pay for it? Yes. I did just ask that.

I just bought a 2017 Ram 2500 cummins, msrp was 67,6700. I bet your price tag wont scare me lol

The Demons were just debut at the New York auto show. Its not available yet.

Got a kid in college and one soon to be in college.

Thinking I'll never know what thats like.

First off, thank-you everyone for the kind comments about the new kid in the garage. I could not be happier with the purchase and, the drive home from Chicago yesterday reaffirmed that!

Does this mean you'll be call'n out Tim? lol
Is that a Demon?
Nice ride Dude...can ya dig it?

It's not a Demon Jim, those are still a little way out from being able to purchase yet...Wait till they do though and, get ready for the Sticker Shock they will be asking for that one. The Dealer markups are going to be insane for sure.
Will i race Tim:confused: Highly doubtful, he has the 8 speed Auto. Put a set of Drag Radials on the back and, with a little practice 10.80's are reality. I prefer to row...The best i've heard from anyone is 11.30-11.5 with a Stick on DR's.

I'm a Truck Driver- I like to row.;)

What did you pay for it? Yes. I did just ask that.
I just bought a 2017 Ram 2500 cummins, msrp was 67,6700. I bet your price tag wont scare me lol
The Demons were just debut at the New York auto show. Its not available yet.

You may ask- $60 flat. I would have preferred that the price was around $39k like the 2009 SRT8 Challenger i used to own but-
Driving back from Chicago 8 years into the future with 300 more horsepower under the hood changes things alittle.

Today we go to the BMV, the Insurance Dude and, then later this week we slather it in a whole bunch of dark tint...Then i have to go to work tonight and, pay for all this debauchery.

The photo credit for the Sold sign goes to good friend Claude Paquin who lives down the street and, scouted it for me earlier last week. Thanks Claude! :D

Congrats my friend, you're going to have a lot of fun! 700+ horse, manual and street tires , yikes!
But you know I'm a Chevy guy, come on, "No more tears!?" ZL1 couldn't have been that bad 😭.

Even being a Chevy guy, the Hellcat is one cool race car. Now you're going to need a rocket trailer and a hitch.

Thanks for texting the pics yesterday. I was with my dad and saying, " guess what Gus is doing right now??!!"

Nice ride. Think you'll still love it 3 years from now? I've rarely met a car guy that stays satisfied. As evidence I present my friend Rob, who spent 18 months tracking down a 1967 Camaro with original parts. Owned it for two years, then ripped it apart. Replaced the motor with a 540ci Dart Block with Aluminum heads and an 8:71 Blower to top it off. Modified Tremec tranny that can handle 1200 hp. Been a long process with updates (incl. roll cage and wrinkle tires) but the dyno run is scheduled later this year. Somehow this car is supposedly street legal.

Anyhow, enjoy the ride. Hope you love your next one as much as this :)

I'm not really much of a "Car Guy", but that's a beautiful machine! And it'll look even better once the window tint is done. It's my opinion, and I think many agree, it's not really a sports car if it doesn't have a manual transmission. So I'd say you did it right!

Glad it worked out for you . Nice catching up cleaning rails . See you Sunday

It's not a Demon Jim, those are still a little way out from being able to purchase yet...Wait till they do though and, get ready for the Sticker Shock they will be asking for that one. The Dealer markups are going to be insane for sure.

0-60 in 2.3s, and I prefer the red over the black...

BBzWAyu.jpg

I saw a bumper sticker (on an obviously stick-shift car) that said "Two Pedals are for Bicycles".

Manual transmissions are now a form of theft/car-jacking prevention; most millennials can't drive a stick.
-Ken

I saw a bumper sticker (on an obviously stick-shift car) that said "Two Pedals are for Bicycles".

Manual transmissions are now a form of theft/car-jacking prevention; most millennials can't drive a stick.
-Ken

Funny enough, I have a harder time driving an automatic than a stick because I keep reaching for the clutch in an automatic. Sometimes they put the e-brake in an automatic where the clutch is in a manual. I've made that mistake plenty of times. -_-

Funny enough, I have a harder time driving an automatic than a stick because I keep reaching for the clutch in an automatic. Sometimes they put the e-brake in an automatic where the clutch is in a manual. I've made that mistake plenty of times. -_-

Heh! My dad, many years ago, traded his manual pickup truck for an automatic. Both had the shifter on the column. First time out with the auto, he pulled out of the driveway, got up to full RPM, then threw that sucker into second ... only, it wasn't second; it was Reverse. Talk about a jerk! (Has two meanings, no doubt.) :lol:

Now I know who will be driving me to Higgs Farm next time Gus comes to an MDRA launch. :wink:

Thanks for texting the pics yesterday. I was with my dad and saying, " guess what Gus is doing right now??!!"

I'm sure his response was something like- "He's either playing with hims*lf or setting something on fire..." :D

Nice ride. Think you'll still love it 3 years from now?

I know i'll love it as much as the Superbee i rescued from a snowdrift with a for sale sign on it 31 years ago, or the Superbee i bought 23 years ago or.... They all gave it a thumbs up when i backed it into the garage last night! ;)

I'm not really much of a "Car Guy", but that's a beautiful machine! And it'll look even better once the window tint is done. It's my opinion, and I think many agree, it's not really a sports car if it doesn't have a manual transmission. So I'd say you did it right!

Thank-you Sir!

Glad it worked out for you . Nice catching up cleaning rails . See you Sunday

I'll be in the RAM of course...Someone has to pull the Trailer! :)

Gus, I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so:

You were right, and, so evil too....but, i love you! :eek:

-Ken

Very true, i just don't feel like i'm driving unless i can pick the gear. :p

Heh! My dad, many years ago, traded his manual pickup truck for an automatic. Both had the shifter on the column. First time out with the auto, he pulled out of the driveway, got up to full RPM, then threw that sucker into second ... only, it wasn't second; it was Reverse. Talk about a jerk! (Has two meanings, no doubt.) :lol:

Good Story! :lol:

Now I know who will be driving me to Higgs Farm next time Gus comes to an MDRA launch. :wink:

Right as rain! I'll be back next year for a Glare for sure! :smile:

Still hoping for a Westbound LDRS next year. Need to take this for a good walk down the Interstate. What amazes me is how docile it is when driven conservatively and, violent when pushed.

Here's a little "Car Song" that i always liked! :wink:
https://youtu.be/821fZCsFbsE

Let it ride (and, hang ON!)

Nice ride. Think you'll still love it 3 years from now? I've rarely met a car guy that stays satisfied. As evidence I present my friend Rob, who spent 18 months tracking down a 1967 Camaro with original parts. Owned it for two years, then ripped it apart. Replaced the motor with a 540ci Dart Block with Aluminum heads and an 8:71 Blower to top it off. Modified Tremec tranny that can handle 1200 hp. Been a long process with updates (incl. roll cage and wrinkle tires) but the dyno run is scheduled later this year. Somehow this car is supposedly street legal.

Anyhow, enjoy the ride. Hope you love your next one as much as this :)

Street legal just means it has headlights, brake lights, turn signals and street legal tires. This car is not street legal but could be with a little bit of wiring and drag radials rather than slicks.

Racecar Launch.jpg

Last edited:
Street legal just means it has headlights, brake lights, turn signals and street legal tires. This car is not street legal but could be with a little bit of wiring and drag radials rather than slicks.

This is what they mean when they say they have 100% traction. :point: Nice Stang!

To be fair, there might be a solitary tear when you hit the gas station.

I saw it at the dealership last week and it is a beautiful car.

Congratulations, Gus!

APPROVED !!!!!

good luck keeping your drivers license :)

how much does your new girlfriend weigh 4000 lbs. < > ?

With that mustang it would be much more than a solitary tear since it runs on 110 octane race fuel at $8.50/gal. Also the tank only holds about 2 gallons so the "stations" would have to be really close to each other. :eyeroll:

I know i'll love it as much as the Superbee i rescued from a snowdrift with a for sale sign on it 31 years ago, or the Superbee i bought 23 years ago or.... They all gave it a thumbs up when i backed it into the garage last night! ;)

Now you need my fantasy car - a 440 Six Pack in a Superbird to complete the set.

Back