Estes PS2 launch control and Sonic igniter Will it light composite motors?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LRIPbros

Reaction score
I have done quite a lot of searching on the net and still can't seem to find an answer. I am wondering if the standard 6 C cell alkalines are strong enough for the Sonic igniter. I plan to use the AT E, F & G motors. Thanks in advance.

I have done quite a lot of searching on the net and still can't seem to find an answer. I am wondering if the standard 6 C cell alkalines are strong enough for the Sonic igniter. I plan to use the AT E, F & G motors. Thanks in advance.

Sure will. That's what I use in the fields behind my house.

That's what it was made for. For a brief period, Estes sold re-branded AT composite SU motors. The PSII controller was designed for launching them in your PSII builder kits.

+1 on the 4xAAs. I launch the Sonics from me standard E-launch controller. The electron beam works too but the cord is too short to be allowed under code

There is a Red colored JST plug inside the battery compartment. If you purchase a 3-Cell Lipo of around 800 mAh to 1300mAh and plug it into this plug the Pro Series Launcher can easily ignite up to 8 Estes Igniters. When this controller was designed just a few years ago batteries with this connector were easy to come by but these days you may need to make and adapter or solder a JST directly to the battery.

John Boren

Back