Stuck spacer in 29mm CTI case

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ActingLikeAKid

Reaction score
Title says it all. At my WTF IS GOING ON WITH THE BAD LUCK launch yesterday, was excited to launch a 3g CTI 29mm skidmark, until I remembered that the case had spacers in it. First came out no problem. Second didn't. Assorted banging, twisting, and lots of barely-audible cursing had no effect. It's been in there like that for months, and I put it away dirty. I'm open to suggestions here; thought of some sort of solvent to break down the crud or maybe freezing it and then putting it on the stove, hoping that the inner spacer would stay cold/small and the outer case would expand...

or maybe there's a stupid/easy way to do this that I'm not thinking of.
Or maybe I suck it up and this ends up being effectively a 1g/2g case and I buy a new case for the 29mm reloads

Hoppe's #9 or CLP will help break down crud.

Baby wipes for the range box will help keep it from happening again.

Later!

--Coop

Hoppe's #9 or CLP will help break down crud.

Had to google both of those - in the Venn Diagram of "interested in rocketry" and "interested in firearms", I'm in the fairly small "nah, just rockets" sliver off to the side ;) Thanks, it looks like my local wally-world carries something that'll work.

Had to google both of those - in the Venn Diagram of "interested in rocketry" and "interested in firearms", I'm in the fairly small "nah, just rockets" sliver off to the side ;) Thanks, it looks like my local wally-world carries something that'll work.

They may be gun cleaning products, but they work well.

Back