QCRS Mini Midwest Power

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Motors flown at Mini Midwest Power:

Motor class: C - 13
Motor class: D - 1
Motor class: E - 1
Motor class: F - 15
Motor class: G - 19
Motor class: H - 23
Motor class: I - 25
Motor class: J - 35
Motor class: K - 27
Motor class: L - 7
Motor class: M - 13
Motor class: N - 1

"Thank You" to the QCRS team for running and hosting this weekend. You guys did a great job and everyone had a "blast!" I really appreciate all the work that goes behind the scenes in running good clubs like yours.

Also thanks to Wildman for being the onsite vendor. Having motor selection and repair parts onsite can be a godsend. Thank you for what you do.

I'm working up some videos that I'll post once complete.

Thanks to QCRS for hosting another stellar launch. I'm pleased to have my first mile high flight, and likely my second. Not sure about the second as my Altimeter 3 and phone weren't synching post flight. Hope whether or not you all had a great weekend even if you had a flight that wasn't, as well as a safer trip. Gus, you were missed, but I'm glad you saw lots of great racing as a consolation prize. In a few days I hope to have some great pictures taken at a watering hole to post on The Watering Hole.

I obtained an altitude record 10,206ft on a Rocketry Warehouse Blue Iguna with K535. It took a while to find the rocket but I lost my binoculars at the launch site Sat. If anyone found them on Sunday I would appreciate you holding them until Midwest Power in Nov. I am a new member to the club, so I'm not accepted to the Club's forum yet. Thanks to event organizers, the weather was great and I had a blast. John

I lost my binoculars at the launch site Sat. If anyone found them on Sunday I would appreciate you holding them until Midwest Power in Nov.

John,

Did you lose them near the cars/parking off the road, or drop them in a field? Need more info as to where they *could* be located please... :)

Thank you,

Thanks to QCRS for hosting another stellar launch. Gus, you were missed, but I'm glad you saw lots of great racing as a consolation prize.

Thank-you Scott-
You all have no idea how much i missed you. This is the first Mini Midwest Power i have ever missed...Apparently i made a mistake trying to balance 2200#'s at work all while turning my left knee in the process.

Can you say YOWZA!!!?:jaw:

Two days spent on the couch icing down a knee with frozen peas and, heat applications, followed by many short walks (yelling profanities) to the refrigerator to get another Mountain Dew.

I will never do that again...

The bad part was finding out i missed some or our longer distance visitors like Teddy and, Reeser (who i missed in Las Vegas by ONE week).
I was told that Tim's picnic table was the ONLY casualty of the weekend and, i'm waiting for more word on that backstory. Other than that everyone left with all their fingers/limbs and, somewhat lighter wallets.

I will see some of you at-

1. Bong on June 25th for Sabrina's Jr. Level one attempt.
2. Airfest in Kansas for Jake Cash's L-3 attempt, along with helping Nick Adams fly the QCC Explorer on an O motor..
3. Of course all three days at Midwest Power later this year.

Sather and, i still have a grudge/challenge flight scheduled for sometime...somewhere...i do not run from a challenge.

Maybe hobble...hobble hobble...Damn! That hurt! :jaw:

P.S. Thanks again for the late night phone call guys. I almost cried afterward...:sigh:

Any forthcoming pictures or videos besides what has already been posted?

I took very limited amount of videos on Saturday as I had to leave at 12:30 (hard stop). I also took a limted amount of video Sunday as I was a bit more involved in launch operations than typical. Will post some video once I have a chance to play with it and cut it down to something watchable.

I managed 2 of the 3 flights I had planned. The K-2050 in Eclipse SS went great on Saturday to 4200'

Chuck H's killer 2550 load took my Punisher 4 to 11,123' on Sunday. Landed a little further to the east, but still a great flight!

More to come later...

K800 Crazy cracker white.jpg

Justin- that video is awesome when the motor comes up to pressure and the rocket takes off like a shot. I need to fly me one of those K2050s

Wholey smokes what a fantastic time my wife and I had this weekend,, ( get it,, smokes,, ok, forget it )...
No kiddin,, what a launch you guys put on...
There were just some insane flights...
The launch would have been worth the trip on it's own,,,
The debauchery at Tim's afterward would have been worth the trip on it's own.....
I can honestly say I can't remember laughing that much or that hard...
Steve,, I really hope you heal up with as little scaring as possible after the fall out of the little tractor's dump trailer...
I don't think that was supposed to go that way but aww what the heck,,
all anyone could say was,,, ohhh man,, that's gonna leave a mark.....
Tim,, your picnic table,, well,, I'm really sorry, but look at the bright side,,
at least you had enough extra fire wood already split to get it to totally burn...
Tim and Jackie,, I just don't know what to say,, except your hospitality is simply unmatched....
Gus,, you really were missed,, you would have just added to the laughter and chaos...
What a blast my wife and I had this weekend....... Unfreakinbelievable......
I cannot thank QCRS, the Lehr's, or everyone that showed and made this weekend a launch to remember,, enough,, it's just impossible.....

When did you guy's say MWP was ?????

Teddy

I took very limited amount of videos on Saturday as I had to leave at 12:30 (hard stop). I also took a limted amount of video Sunday as I was a bit more involved in launch operations than typical. Will post some video once I have a chance to play with it and cut it down to something watchable.

I managed 2 of the 3 flights I had planned. The K-2050 in Eclipse SS went great on Saturday to 4200'

Chuck H's killer 2550 load took my Punisher 4 to 11,123' on Sunday. Landed a little further to the east, but still a great flight!

More to come later...

View attachment 321027

Justin,
just out of curiosity, what camera do you use for onboard video & the ground video?
Thanks,

John,

Did you lose them near the cars/parking off the road, or drop them in a field? Need more info as to where they *could* be located please... :)

Thank you,

I lost them in the parking area. They are fairly large. Simmons brand I think. Appreciate the help.

Can you draw on a map as to the rough area you think they are?

Patty and I just got back from MMWP And all I can say is WOW!!! What an amazing weekend. My hats off to Tim and Jackie, the QCRS club and the membership for making this a trip we will not forget. The flying conditions on Saturday could not have been better and I managed to take advantage of it. The Saturday night party at Tim and Jackie's was full of meet and greet and some of the best rocket stories you can imagine. I managed to put a lot of names with faces of both TRF members and some of our customers........can you say priceless?
Hey Teddy, Hey Tim, "I'M STAND'N RITE HEERE" :rofl: (you had to be there).

Last edited:
Patty and I just got back from MMWP And all I can say is WOW!!! What an amazing weekend. My hats off to Tim and Jackie, the QCRS club and the membership for making this a trip we will not forget.

So good to meet you sir! Looking forward to seeing you at MWP as well! :)

Justin, just out of curiosity, what camera do you use for onboard video & the ground video?

On board video is a basic Mobius action cam paired with a 3d printed shroud from Additive Aerospace.
https://www.mobius-actioncam.com/store/products/mobius-basic-actioncam-3/
https://additive-aerospace.myshopify.com/collections/video-camera-shrouds/products/mobius-shroud

Tripod "pad cam" is an old school Panasonic PV-GS-500.
https://www.cnet.com/products/panasonic-pv-gs500/review/

Ground based (hand held camera) is an old school Sony VX-2100.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/303956-REG/Sony_DCRVX2100_DCR_VX2100_3_CCD_Mini.html

I Wanted to thank Tim and Jackie for always putting on such a great after launch event party for Mini Midwest and especially for all the hard work and all the great food and drinks, my family had a great time. I especially enjoyed watching the picnic table get tossed in the fire pit to burn on Saturday night and the very loud fireworks. Also big thanks to QCRS for putting on a great launch, it was nice seeing a lot of friends again.

On board video is a basic Mobius action cam paired with a 3d printed shroud from Additive Aerospace.
https://www.mobius-actioncam.com/store/products/mobius-basic-actioncam-3/
https://additive-aerospace.myshopify.com/collections/video-camera-shrouds/products/mobius-shroud

Tripod "pad cam" is an old school Panasonic PV-GS-500.
https://www.cnet.com/products/panasonic-pv-gs500/review/

Ground based (hand held camera) is an old school Sony VX-2100.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/303956-REG/Sony_DCRVX2100_DCR_VX2100_3_CCD_Mini.html

Oh, OK. So, how do you convert mini tapes to DVD's? I only want to know because I have a mini tape camera like yours, and I want to use it at launches, but I don't know how to convert mini tapes to the computer to edit, and then to DVD's.
I have one of these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-AG-DVC7P-/321642508303?_trksid=p2385738.m2548.l4275
I'm hoping to stick a external mic on it!

Thanks,

I Wanted to thank Tim and Jackie for always putting on such a great after launch event party for Mini Midwest and especially for all the hard work and all the great food and drinks, my family had a great time. I especially enjoyed watching the picnic table get tossed in the fire pit to burn on Saturday night and the very loud fireworks. Also big thanks to QCRS for putting on a great launch, it was nice seeing a lot of friends again.

It was nice seeing you John and your family, glad you were able to make it out and have some fun.

Oh, OK. So, how do you convert mini tapes to DVD's? I only want to know because I have a mini tape camera like yours, and I want to use it at launches, but I don't know how to convert mini tapes to the computer to edit, and then to DVD's.

I can’t adequately address your question without knowing what computer hardware you have and what post processing software you may have access to. In converting Mini-DV based camcorders to watchable files and/or DVD, a lot of the questions below may come up:

- Does the computer hardware have sufficient RAM and storage for large video files?
- Does the hardware have a Firewire connection (IEEE 1394)?
- Does the camcorder in question have a 4 pin Firewire or 6? Same question for computer hardware.
- Does the computer have basic video editing program? Windows Movie Maker comes to mind here.

I would suggest watching some tutorials that are out there. Google “how to get videos from mini-dv to dvd” would be a good start. Getting the process figured out and working is half the battle. It’s not a trivial effort, but a great lesson in patience and persistence for a young man.

Any other questions you may have, let's take it offline please.

Thank you,

The picnic table was OK when I left. Darn! I KNEW I left too early.

Wish I could have stayed longer. Sorry I got there so late. Everything
on the table was gone except a couple pieces of pork. Darn! Missed the
ribs I saw everyone enjoying. Enjoyed everything on the counter. The black
bean and corn salad, mashed taters and snausages were great.

Missed the launch Saturday and arrived at the BBQ late. But at least I scored
30# of 200u AP and 2 gallons of R45M earlier in the day. I'll try to make up for
missing so much on Saturday by over-compensating at MWP.

Enjoyed the 1.3 pyro. Looking forward to learning exactly what happened with
the picnic table. Starting to realize that there's truth to: "Whatever happens at
Wildman's STAYS at Wildman's".

Patty and I just got back from MMWP And all I can say is WOW!!! What an amazing weekend. My hats off to Tim and Jackie, the QCRS club and the membership for making this a trip we will not forget. The flying conditions on Saturday could not have been better and I managed to take advantage of it. The Saturday night party at Tim and Jackie's was full of meet and greet and some of the best rocket stories you can imagine. I managed to put a lot of names with faces of both TRF members and some of our customers........can you say priceless?
Hey Teddy, Hey Tim, "I'M STAND'N RITE HEERE" :rofl: (you had to be there).

Glad the two of you made it out .
Camp Wildman always has a spot open for you.
Thank you for kind words.
Btw glad you got your rocket back.
Just imagine how much fun you can have at airfest🚀

Wholey smokes what a fantastic time my wife and I had this weekend,, ( get it,, smokes,, ok, forget it )...
No kiddin,, what a launch you guys put on...
There were just some insane flights...
The launch would have been worth the trip on it's own,,,
The debauchery at Tim's afterward would have been worth the trip on it's own.....
I can honestly say I can't remember laughing that much or that hard...
Steve,, I really hope you heal up with as little scaring as possible after the fall out of the little tractor's dump trailer...
I don't think that was supposed to go that way but aww what the heck,,
all anyone could say was,,, ohhh man,, that's gonna leave a mark.....
Tim,, your picnic table,, well,, I'm really sorry, but look at the bright side,,
at least you had enough extra fire wood already split to get it to totally burn...
Tim and Jackie,, I just don't know what to say,, except your hospitality is simply unmatched....
Gus,, you really were missed,, you would have just added to the laughter and chaos...
What a blast my wife and I had this weekend....... Unfreakinbelievable......
I cannot thank QCRS, the Lehr's, or everyone that showed and made this weekend a launch to remember,, enough,, it's just impossible.....

When did you guy's say MWP was ?????

Teddy

Once again thank you for the kind words.
You know you are always welcome here.
"Can,t any of you guys get a girl some wood" you had to be there

Jackie and I want to thank everyone fir the kinds words about the party on Saturday night and hope everyone had as much fun as we did.
Eric I might take you up one your offer

Latest posts

Back