QCRS Mini Midwest Power

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will anyone be onsite Friday night? We're hoping to set up my Dad's tower Friday evening so we won't be in the way setting up Saturday.

Contact me for details of where your pad needs to be placed. There is no one scheduled for a Friday set up at this point.

Only 14 days left till the launch. Orders for pick-up at the field need to be placed by 5/22. Use promo code MMWP (all caps).
We'll be talking about this one well after its over!

Is there an option on the website to choose pickup at launch, instead of being shipped? The promo code just gave free shipping.

- Chuck H. 2550 research load in the Punisher 4
- AT K-2050 ST in Eclipse SS
- CTI J soemthing-or-other in the MAC Monarch

MMWP 2017.jpg

I got three AV bays prepped. WM 4" Demon, WM 4" Interceptor, and my L3 PR 8" Mad Maxx. Motors I think will be AT K700W, CTI L1355SS, and either a CTI M1560WT or AT M1939W depending on the winds. Plus I'll bring along my WM Demon 54, WM Interceptor 54, and maybe one or two others.

I'm planning to fly my rocker Faster Buddy, Faster! on a K270 to 14kft

hoping to get my level 3 with a 16.5" x 172" scratch built Yellow Bird on an N2220 DM

Won't be able to make MMWP this year. Will anyone from St. Louis be attending, or is anyone passing through STL on the way home?

I have some stuff that is being brought to MMWP by a friend of mine (from my old club), and I am hoping someone can grab it for me. Else, I will ask some of the guys I know in the club if they can hold onto it for me until a later date.

Thanks
Mike

zomok2web.jpg This was before a flight on L2375.
Now it's yellow and black. Will be about 98 lb. loaded

I sure do remember that flight on the "L" ...
I RSO'd it......
What a fantastic and unique build....
I can't wait for this flight....
It's going to go perfectly....

Teddy

Am SOL. 4/29 a city sewer line plugged up (not MY service line) and when the city brought their sewer truck out to rout out the line it blew sludge out the basement toilet (I had the floor drain plugged) and trashed my entire basement
with 1/2 to 3/4" of s**t.

All my rocket stuff was off the floor and went into storage at a friends. My electronics again were off the floor so they survived. All the "good" motors were off the floor except some BP ones including some of the imported Quest motors
from a few years back. Lost those to the sludge.

Going to cost some serious coin to restore so I gotta pass and work the weekend. Kurt Savegnago

Am SOL. 4/29 a city sewer line plugged up (not MY service line) and when the city brought their sewer truck out to rout out the line it blew sludge out the basement toilet (I had the floor drain plugged) and trashed my entire basement
with 1/2 to 3/4" of s**t.

All my rocket stuff was off the floor and went into storage at a friends. My electronics again were off the floor so they survived. All the "good" motors were off the floor except some BP ones including some of the imported Quest motors
from a few years back. Lost those to the sludge.

Going to cost some serious coin to restore so I gotta pass and work the weekend. Kurt Savegnago
Wow that sucks, I repair sewer lines for a living if I where you I would be calling your city council to flip the bill, if city jetted line its on them for the damages.

Wow that sucks, I repair sewer lines for a living if I where you I would be calling your city council to flip the bill, if city jetted line its on them for the damages.

Yeah, We've talked to them nicely about it but they haven't responded back. Said they would last Friday. Next step is to hire an attorney. I am being liberally fair about this as having lived through sump pump issues in the past at another abode, we had everything of value off the floor, the furniture was ancient and
I don't want anything for the contents as we didn't lose anything of value really. Only thing is the cost of restoration is going to amount to quite a bit as the basement was finished. Would be nice to avoid a legal entanglement. I really hate to do that but may have to as a last resort.

We're going to get our service line replaced and may have a backflow preventer installed as we've been told that it is too expensive for the city to replace the sewer line. They're going to pour strong acid down it every month and monitor it to keep it open. Kurt

Can anybody that lives near to or has traveled by the flying fields lately tell me how high the corn and / or soybeans have gotten so far? I've got a green and black rocket that I'm wondering might be camouflaged by field conditions on landing.

Can anybody that lives near to or has traveled by the flying fields lately tell me how high the corn and / or soybeans have gotten so far? I've got a green and black rocket that I'm wondering might be camouflaged by field conditions on landing.
Well, green and black would be the best colors to paint a rocket if you wanted to camouflage it in the fields around here.
There isn't much green above ground right now.

Yes, not ideal colors for ground visibility, but I wanted something different then the rest of my fleet. At least the black fins and nose cone give it contrast in the grass field my local club flys on, and the green gives it contrast against the barren cornfield I fly from on occasion during our club's off season. If the field gets a lot of rain this week, which sounds like may be the case, the sticky ground could make it land standing like this:

IMG_9414.jpg

Well, green and black would be the best colors to paint a rocket if you wanted to camouflage it in the fields around here.
There isn't much green above ground right now.

I'll add a black tubed rocket like the lampblack colored CF lookalike is not an easy find in a no till field either. The mashed down stalks where I fly has the black ground showing up
through the voids and a black rocket is like camouflage in that background. I don't know if the venue there has any no-till fields. Kurt

So, my 5 year old wanted her new rocket to look like Poppy from the trolls movie, complete with hair...

I'm pretty sure it will fly, just need to sim it for motor selection. Probably a heads I'll flight though.

1495588213197.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to some excellent videos by some guy named rfjustin :wink: , I glued the grains into my L1520T motor. This is the first time I've ever glued grains in a motor. Went pretty easy.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks to some excellent videos by some guy named rfjustin :wink: , I glued the grains into my L1500T motor. This is the first time I've ever glued grains in a motor. Went pretty easy.
Thanks!

That Justin guy does great videos!

Looks like expected weather is going to be great! Have a great launch folks. Most of my rocket stuff is in storage now
at a friend's house. Only the tracking electronics are home. If it went even to watch, my wife (a rocket muggle) would kill
me. Kurt (the glowing sewer rat) Savegnago

Back