QCRS Mini Midwest Power

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I glued the grains into my L1520T motor.

Sweet! I glued another AT K-2050 ST together last night in anticipation of the good weather this weekend. :)

Funny story here (well, I think so anyway...). I decided to save myself some walking and used the AT L1520T that I had (75mm 3840 3 grain case), instead of the CTI L1355SS 4 grain motor that I originally planned on using. I just checked the Thrustcurve app, and if I simmed things right in the app, the L1520T will go about 100' higher... :facepalm:
Oh well, it'll still be cool.
OK, just checked OR, and it says 100' the other way, so it's a crap shoot.

Welcome to QCRS, we are a group Tripoli (prefecture #39) and NAR fliers that concentrate on High Power Rocketry. We conduct our launches under Tripoli Research Rules.

3. Children under the age of 18 do not pay launch fees.
4. Children will remain behind the flight line at all times
a. The only exception here are documented Tripoli Mentoring Program participants between 12-17 years of age and accompanied by their mentor.

I'll be bringing one of my students (Lucca) from Rockford, looking for his Jr Level 1 under the NAR Junior Cert process. (NAR version of TMP).

I'll be bringing one of my students (Lucca) from Rockford, looking for his Jr Level 1 under the NAR Junior Cert process. (NAR version of TMP).

Good to hear we have more Rockford area rocket people. I won't be there, but I wish Lucca the best of luck on his flight!

No better mentor to be had... :)

Looking forward to seeing Lucca's flight, please get my attention before said flight. :wink:

Looking forward to seeing Lucca's flight, please get my attention before said flight. :wink:

Nah, I just bluff well, and am fortunate to be surrounded by people that actually know the answers.

And, yes I certainly will. Thank you!

Sather

Everything is charged and packed ready for a great weekend. Weather looks like its gonna be about perfect!!
See you all Saturday

I'd have to agree.

On Saturday I'll be attempting my L3 cert with a modified 4" drago XL on an AT M1297, as well as flying a couple EX K's. I can't make it to the party that night or to the launch on Sunday unfortunately.

I have had zero time to prep... I could volunteer to LCO both days. As long as I'm not on the mic, I'm all good! LoL

I know, right??? Geeze, next thing you know, he'll be talking about spending his available time with "family"... I'm looking forward to escaping family... :smile: :horse:

Or sitting with leg elevated after knee operation... :(

Looks like Princeton got hit with some rain today. Anyone know how bad the field is? Do I need my waders?

I would bring mud boots if you have them. It will be sticky. It'll take lots of sun and wind to dry the ground up enough to not stick to your shoes...

Waiver called in. Hope the weather breaks and makes a turn for the better.

Great weather saturday not so great flight but did get some cool shots from gopro lol
vlcsnap-2017-05-28-07h12m25s091.jpgvlcsnap-2017-05-28-07h11m30s393.jpg

After talking with other guys that know way more then me all we can come up with is forward closure failure. CTI-38mm 6G

O well still a great day of watching launches fallowed by an amazing meal and party afterwards at wildmans!
Hopefully weather burns off for another great day today

My daughter flew Poppy on an F44-4. Flew surprisingly well. Wildmans said its near the top of the list of strangest rockets.

Last edited:
Just returned home after leaving the field this AM around 9:30. Yesterday was awesome! Thanks to TQC, Tim, Jackie, et. al. for a fabulous launch and a great part afterwards.

Had a great time Saturday and Sunday. A huge "Thank You" to QCRS for hosting and to Wildman for the amazing dinner Saturday night. Can't wait to see everyone again in the fall.
I got a couple of flight videos. This is my Wildman Demon on Saturday morning on an AT K456DM. It reached 5138'. Inching ever so slowly towards that first mile flight. Maybe I'll just shove my K660 in it and get two miles on its next flight. https://youtu.be/Die1hQUYqWU
This is Jarhead's Wildman Shapeshifter Jr. yesterday on an AT I600R. Reached 4591'. https://youtu.be/xg1Him8SZOY

Mini Midwest Power is in the books.
2 great days of flying and get together with old and new friends.
Big thank you to Tim and Jackie for putting on the spread that they do.
Big thank you for Teddy from One Bad Hawk and Mike from MAC Performance for being here with us and play in our sandbox.
Two days of flying produced a total of 173 flights.
Thank you to all the fliers that came and made it another great Mini Midwest Power.
See you all at Midwest Power!

Last edited:
Back