• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

3d printed project

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeyDSlagle

Reaction score
Hey all you 3D printer folks,
I am in need a small printed board. I am pretty ignorant when it comes to 3D printing, but I'm going to venture to say this is a simple project.
I have a modular A/V bay from MissileWorks for two RRC3s. I want to use one RRC3 and one RRC2+. So I need a board to mount to the modular bay on an RRC3 hole pattern and have two threaded standoffs printed into the board to accommodate the RRC2+. 1/16" or 3/32" should be plenty thick.

I could do it from G10 but I want one 3D printed. I have FreeCAD I've been playing with and may can sketch one up if need be.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks folks,
Mikey D

A few of us can. Can you draw it or do you need someone for that as well?

As far as drawing goes, do you mean in a program so it will be ready to feed to a printer? Or just a rough sketch? My CAD skills leave a lot to be desired. But I may be able to do a sketch in FreeCAD to give an idea of what I want or maybe even hand draw it. I haven't done any real technical drafting in a long time though. May be better if those who know what they are doing do the drawing if it doesn't shoot the price up. Don't want this to cost too terrible much.

Ok, well, send me some idea of what you want. I may be able to work something up if it's not too crazy.

It sounds like you want an adapter to mount an RRC2+ to the pattern for an RRC3? That's not too hard.. I'll need dimensions for the hole patterns and any other info on what you want it to look like. And some idea what outside dimensions we need to come in under. Doesn't help you much if it doesn't fit in the tube. :)

Yep that's what I am looking for.
It will be just a plate with 4 holes and 2 standoffs with holes. The standoffs don't really need to be threaded, I can tap it myself or use a coarse thread screw. I'll get some dimensions this afternoon and a sketch.
It will be going in a 4" tube so we have plenty of room, but I will get all that...hopefully tonight.

Thanks

Once you've got a CAD model, checkout 3Dhubs online to locate a printer in your area.

Fyi: 3D hubs charges a 12% commission, so I'd recommend contacting the vendor directly when you've found one you like.

Interesting. Where I live there is unlikely to be anything in the area. I'll look into it. Thanks. I know folks on here have printers and some enjoy designing and printing. I prefer they get my monies.

So I did a little CAD work today and got out the modular sled to get some measurements and ideas. Turns out it has holes on 2" centers that will accommodate the RRC2+. They didn't seem to work last I tried, but they work now. I just have to add some standoffs and all is well.

Ttabal - thanks for offering to assist. I'll finish up the model and send your way anyway to see what you think. May go that route still, I'll PM ya when I get the model done. May be a bit, having fits painting my Tyrannosaur and want to get that finished up.
Nytrunner - good luck with that Partizon. Hope it works out for ya!

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Back