3 Dogs Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dog House never sold Kevlar Jim ...
I don't think he's looking for Dog House..
3 Dog's Rocketry strangely rings a bell...
Not sure though...

Teddy

3 Dogs Rocketry was a Colorado 1-man shop (John Wilke), also of the KestreL min diameter altitude beast. I think John's been inactive in the hobby for some time now, though I don't know who may have bought up his shop stock.
-Ken

3 Dogs Rocketry was a Colorado 1-man shop (John Wilke), also of the KestreL min diameter altitude beast. I think John's been inactive in the hobby for some time now, though I don't know who may have bought up his shop stock.
-Ken

ok that explains it then...so where's the best place to buy Kevlar. I usually went with 3 Dogs

OneBadHawk is where I get mine from, he even sews heavy duty loops and stuff..

If you like sewing, lots of vendors sell Kevlar -- Wildman, AMW, TFR, Mac Performance....

If you want nice harnesses ready to go out of the box, One Bad Hawk!

If you like sewing, lots of vendors sell Kevlar -- Wildman, AMW, TFR, Mac Performance....

If you want nice harnesses ready to go out of the box, One Bad Hawk!

I don't sew my Kevlar I just tie in a slip know on most of my projects. Nothing big enough now where I would need a harness. I'm looking something for 29 and 38 ejection charges.

WM sells 1/4" Tubular Kevlar. I was looking for something smaller than that? Maybe 1/8? Isn't 1/4" overkill on a 29 or 38?

I'll take some pictures of what I need and post them here, but I don't recall and of my shock cords being larger than 1/4"

I don't sew my Kevlar I just tie in a slip know on most of my projects. Nothing big enough now where I would need a harness. I'm looking something for 29 and 38 ejection charges.

WM sells 1/4" Tubular Kevlar. I was looking for something smaller than that? Maybe 1/8? Isn't 1/4" overkill on a 29 or 38?

I'll take some pictures of what I need and post them here, but I don't recall and of my shock cords being larger than 1/4"

Thank you so much guy's,,
that really is so nice of you guy's to jump in for me like that..

I sell 1/8" Tubular Kevlar..
You can't touch the versatility of just having this stuff around or the bang for the buck at $12 for 50 ft...

https://onebadhawk.com/light-kevlar.html

I also sell very light 3/8" Flat strap Kevlar in 15 ft premade harnesses for low power and light mid power rockets...

https://onebadhawk.com/38-flat-kevlar--2-loop.html

Hearing you guy's all jump for me is for me what makes this all worth while....

Thank you...

Teddy

Thank you so much guy's,,
that really is so nice of you guy's to jump in for me like that..

I sell 1/8" Tubular Kevlar..
You can't touch the versatility of just having this stuff around or the bang for the buck at $12 for 50 ft...

https://onebadhawk.com/light-kevlar.html

I also sell very light 3/8" Flat strap Kevlar in 15 ft premade harnesses for low power and light mid power rockets...

https://onebadhawk.com/38-flat-kevlar--2-loop.html

Hearing you guy's all jump for me is for me what makes this all worth while....

Thank you...

Teddy

Teddy - I think the 1/8" is what I'm looking for. When I get home I'll measure the diameter of what I have and if its close then I'll order some. I'm looking for something that will with stand 29 and 38 ejection charges, unless you might have something just for 38's? I just don't want to pack a bulky shock cord in something under 2" if you know what I mean?

Teddy - I think the 1/8" is what I'm looking for. When I get home I'll measure the diameter of what I have and if its close then I'll order some. I'm looking for something that will with stand 29 and 38 ejection charges, unless you might have something just for 38's? I just don't want to pack a bulky shock cord in something under 2" if you know what I mean?

These are two big statements I always make,,

A harness doesn't have to be strong if it's long enough...

It's not a shock cord,, it's a harness, if it's taking a shock load then there's something fundamentally wrong with your set up,,
either too energetic of a separation charge or too short of a harness..

With that said,,
heck yeah, I'd use that 1/8" Tubular Kevlar in a fairly heavy rocket..
I mean somewhere in the neighborhood you're referring to,,,
Maybe a 54mm airframe with a 38mm mount...

Teddy

No matter what ya call it,,
just don't make it too short,, lol...

Teddy

I have a 3 Dogs Kestrel on my bench right now - on hold ...want to order a longer coupler and payload tube .

But am looking forward to this build !

Kenny

Back