AT or CTI?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AT or CTI?

• AT

• CTI

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've been considering trying out Lokis and figure this is as good a place to ask as any -

What's a good commercial igniter to use for them? I know there are dip kits etc. but for now I'd want something I can get easily.

Also I'm not totally clear on this part - do the reloads come with all the o-rings you need, or do those need to be ordered separately?

Quick burst.

https://www.quickburst.net

And yes, reloads come with everything you need except the igniters.

CTI for me, but I have specific needs: I have small-ish kids that come with me to launches. I can't worry about whether I just slid that greased o-ring onto the right end of the motor while telling one Kid A to stay away from that 4" Patriot and telling Kid B that I'll take him to the bathroom in 30 seconds, can he please hold it?
CTI lets me load HPR AP motors with almost the ease of an LPR Estes BP motor.

I've been considering trying out Lokis and figure this is as good a place to ask as any -

What's a good commercial igniter to use for them? I know there are dip kits etc. but for now I'd want something I can get easily.

Also I'm not totally clear on this part - do the reloads come with all the o-rings you need, or do those need to be ordered separately?

Loki's come with everything you need for the reload except for the igniter. Also, unlike other manufactures, when you buy a "complete" motor from Loki that will include a reusable nozzle and forward closure. The reload kit comes with the propellant, O-rings and delay. You will need a good set of snap ring pliers.

Most any commercial igniter will work fine in a Loki motor. I usually use AT's FirstFires (because that's what the vendor usually has at the launch) but I'm sure others like and appropriately sized Quickburst will work just as well. Not sure if a plain-ole e-match will have enough umph to do the trick.

-Dave

Nope, plain old e-match will not light the Loki loads. Dipped e-matches work really great though.

I lit a Loki G69 with a Estes Sonic Ignitor once. I doubt that will work for all Loki loads, but it was the only thing that fit though the small #10 nozzle for the 38-120 case.

Back