• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Charge canisters

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe contact Madcow and see if they acquired any when they bought RW.
If not:
Mac Performance has aluminum charge wells.
Binder Design, Easy Research Rocketry, or SC Precision can probably make you some. All are active here on the forum.

Mikey beat me to it. I was going to suggest Mac Performance as well

The difference with these is that the screw into their aluminum bulk head and seal with an O ring.

So will they hold 3 grams plus the match and some dog barf?
Yes they have enough room to load 3grams of ffff black powder. I place the powder in the well, insert the match, add some dog barf, then seal it with tape. Personally I use electrical tape.

In full disclosure I am the owner of Rocket Junkies and the manufacturer of these wells.

Check out rocket junkies, they also have some. I just added it as a product line.

So did I,,
They're really a well made charge well
at a reasonable price...
I particularly like the soft rounded top edge of the well,,
can not cut into the shooters wire...
They even come with stainless steel hardware to mount...

Teddy

The difference with these is that the screw into their aluminum bulk head and seal with an O ring.

Brent if you want these charge wells bad enough and can't find them locally. You send me a 4" aluminum bulkhead and I will send you back a aluminum bulkhead with two of those screw in charge wells with orings. I am in Canada however so shipping aint cheap. I have 4 of those bulkheads with the screw in charge wells and don't really care for them due to the hole in the bottom of the well used to pass the ematch wire through that is open into the av bay. I have used the vinyl caps supplied to put on the end of the charge well inside the av bay and on all the flights these caps have been blown off by the ejection charges, even taped over the threads to tightnen up the caps and then taped the caps to the end of the charge container as well. Really didn't cause any flight issues but I'm sure ejection residue made it's way into the bay which is not good. To be fair I had not pushed a bunch of dog barf down into the well before putting in the powder, will go that route the next time I use them but probably just end up with dog barf in the av bay as well.

Greg

Yes they have enough room to load 3grams of ffff black powder. I place the powder in the well, insert the match, add some dog barf, then seal it with tape. Personally I use electrical tape.

In full disclosure I am the owner of Rocket Junkies and the manufacturer of these wells.

Awesome. Thanks. I'll get some ordered in the near future.. Pending ground testing, these should work well in my Tyrannosaur.

I am going to order 4 of the 8-gram wells for my L3 rocket. What size is the hardware (6-32 or 8-32)? I would like to prep my aluminum endplates by drilling all the holes.

Thanks.

I have a couple of those in my Mongoose 75. They tried a couple of designs that allowed you to run the ematch through the bottom of them. Bad design. I sealed mine off and used a terminal block mounted beside them. Most of my rockets have Doghouse canisters, but I picked up the new Rocket Junkies from Chris at csrocketry and really like them, especially for the drogue end of my avbays, which tend to take a hit when landing in the desert.

I am going to order 4 of the 8-gram wells for my L3 rocket. What size is the hardware (6-32 or 8-32)? I would like to prep my aluminum endplates by drilling all the holes.

Thanks.

The hardware is 8-32 stainless, includes a 1" screw, nut and washer.

I have a couple of those in my Mongoose 75. They tried a couple of designs that allowed you to run the ematch through the bottom of them. Bad design.

Yup! Found that out the hard way when a portion of the ejection charge gas blew back through those tiny holes and coated my entire avionics bay in soot...

Back