East Coast Regional Meet - 44

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjohnson

mox nix
Reaction score
ecrm44logo.png

ECRM-44 will be held as a Regional Meet on June 17-18, 2017 at Mt. Airy, MD. Events are:

1/2A Streamer Duration
B Egg Lofting Altitude (altimeter)
Open Spot Landing
Random Duration
Classic Model
1/2A Rocket Glider

Contest entry fee is $5 for A/B division, $10 for C/T. Trophies will be awarded to the top places in each event. If you wish to eat at the picnic on Sunday, there is a $7 per person fee (or $25 for a family of 4 or more) to cover the cost of the food.

Schedule:
Saturday
9:30 am - 12:30 pm: Range open for all flights except Classic Model
12:30 - 1 pm: Lunch - no flights
1 pm: Turn-in deadline for Classic Model
1 - 5:30 pm: Range open for all flights except Classic Model
7 pm: Optional dinner at Golden Corral, 5621 Spectrum Drive, Frederick, Maryland
Sunday
9:30 am - 2 pm: Range open for all flights
3 - 5 pm: Picnic and awards presentation

There is no official meet hotel. In the past, we have used Days Inn, 5646 Buckeystown Pike, Frederick, Maryland.

Directions
Address: 12406 Old National Pike, Mt. Airy, MD 21771
Take I-70 to Exit 62 (MD Route 75 North toward Libertytown, about 8 miles east of Frederick). Turn right at the second light on to Old National Pike (MD Route 144). Park entrance is about 2 miles on the left (there is a large sign on the left). Follow the main road to the back of the park. Launch area is about 300 yards from the parking lot. If the gate is open, you may drive on to the field to unload, but you must still park in the parking lot.

Last edited:
I wish there was a contest closer to me, but a 15 hour drive one way wouldn't be absolutely out of the question. I haven't been to a competition in over 25 years, but they were always so much fun, and I really miss the challenge. As luck would have it, I have that weekend off! I just might try to make it. :wink:

BTW, what is "Random Duration" and "Classic Model"?

Last edited:
I wish there was a contest closer to me, but a 15 hour drive one way wouldn't be absolutely out of the question. I haven't been to a competition in over 25 years, but they were always so much fun, and I really miss the challenge. As luck would have it, I have that weekend off! I just might try to make it. :wink:

BTW, what is "Random Duration" and "Classic Model"?

Random duration is a precision duration contest where you try to hit precisely a targeted time from lift-off to landing. It is random in that the target is determined on the field before the first flight.

Classic Model is a craftsmanship event where you must duplicate a model that was available in kit form before 1990. You may build an up-scale or down-scale version.

Full rules can be found at: https://www.nar.org/contest-flying/us-model-rocket-sporting-code/

Back