Heading to Arizona

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackball74

Reaction score
I'm going to be visiting Prescott some time in the late summer or early fall and would love to see a launch - any clubs in the area?

Not in Prescott exactly. But our club TRAPHX is about a 1.5 hour drive and probably the closest. It's a really fun group with a 50k waiver. All launches area two day affair. Average motor is probably a K or an L with many Ms flown.

www.traphx.com

Yeah, SARA is in Tucson, pretty far south. TRAPHX sounds like a lot of fun tho, great waiver! Will have to make an effort to get out there at some point myself.
www.sararocketry.org

Been thinking about moving back down to Arizona myself. Find a 'safer' city and preferably a gated community. Living up here in Wa. state, the property values continue to sky rocket which when we sell we could live like kings in Arizona. Might actually do some good for my bi-polar disorder too.

cropped-sss-banner-2016.png

Superstition Spacemodeling Society is the NAR section serving the Phoenix area since 1989.
We typically launch the second weekend of every month, and our launches are Friday-Sunday with Camping and a portable toilet.
Non-waivered Friday, Fully Waivered Sat-Sun with up to 16K.
Tripoli members are always welcome.

We have an Aerotech Motor vendor as well, who accepts pre-orders and also carries some inventory in the G-K range.

We typically do NOT launch in June-Aug, except occasional park launches. May and September are Iffy due to the heat.

We are family friendly 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with A-M launches, and we have several hybrid flyers.

Beginning in October, we will have a new, closer-in launch site. Stay tuned for details...
www.sssrocketry.com

Back