Sabrina's "Air Space Flown" T-Shirt Project.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SS/EA 6BBL 71 Cuda

Reaction score
I just wanted to update everyone on the T-Shirt flight that happened Saturday afternoon at LDRS 36. After Matt Fletcher went off to recover his L-3 attempt and, helping to recover John's (Bat-mite) latest flight of his awesome Formula 200.

I finally had some time to prep and, get the flight off the ground. The motor was an M-2000 Skidmark prepared by my good friend Preston Noble of Wisconsin estimated to be an M 2000 with 9800ns/ 4.9 sec burn time stuffed in a AMW 98mm 11,000 casing. Pre flight weight came in at 64#'s and we headed to the away cell...

Altitude reached was a respectable 7305' over Higg's Farm!

View attachment 316909

Video Thingy-
https://youtu.be/yT5gTzfLb4Y

View attachment 316925
View attachment 316923
View attachment 316924

Recovered about a mile north of the away cell with shirt safely intact in the nosecone payload bay. Special Thanks to David Fox for his help and, to EVERYONE who signed the Shirt!
Now we go to Bong State Park in Wisconsin next month and, do it again, then present the Shirt to Sabrina. I want her to wear it, not keep it in a closet.
Thanks to everyone at MDRA for putting on a GREAT LDRS event and, sorry about setting the away cell on fire...:rolleyes:

Wow that is massive, a lot bigger than what I was envisioning!

Sabrina's parents should watch out, that T-shirt will be a sweet perfume to young boys, the smell of burnt AP!

Wow that is massive, a lot bigger than what I was envisioning!

And, a lot HEAVIER than i expected! :eek: I didn't even go crazy gluing this one up. She is a tank for sure...Guess i'll have to fly some N's in it too justify the mass! :lol:

Gus is my new best friend. I enjoyed our conversations and I thank you for all your help. What a guy!

Gus is my new best friend. I enjoyed our conversations and I thank you for all your help. What a guy!
Agreed! Gus is one hell of a guy. He's even cooler in person. :)

Ohhhh.....:rolleyes: You guys are making me look too good! It was a pleasure to finally meet you both, along with so many other great folks over the last couple of days!
It made the 12 hour drive home last night/this morning seem so much shorter. David Reese (and, he just called me a little while ago) had ALWAYS told me- to get myself out to Higg's and, meet everyone. I was NOT disappointed in any way.

Except for Matt's loss yesterday. I just laid my "Wein" out on the table for a good smacking on the *Failure Analysis* thread over such and, i only wish we had waited a little while more to insert my spare "A" transmitter in your L-3 attempt.

Besides being called "The Firestarter" my other nickname is "The Hound Dog" because i can/have/done did it- found ANYTHING with an RF signal beeping out. Yesterday i learned a valuable lesson that i will not forget among the many, many good memories i now have.

I will be back again someday! ;)

Ohhhh.....:rolleyes: You guys are making me look too good! It was a pleasure to finally meet you both, along with so many other great folks over the last couple of days!
It made the 12 hour drive home last night/this morning seem so much shorter. David Reese (and, he just called me a little while ago) had ALWAYS told me- to get myself out to Higg's and, meet everyone. I was NOT disappointed in any way.

Except for Matt's loss yesterday. I just laid my "Wein" out on the table for a good smacking on the *Failure Analysis* thread over such and, i only wish we had waited a little while more to insert my spare "A" transmitter in your L-3 attempt.

Besides being called "The Firestarter" my other nickname is "The Hound Dog" because i can/have/done did it- found ANYTHING with an RF signal beeping out. Yesterday i learned a valuable lesson that i will not forget among the many, many good memories i now have.

I will be back again someday! ;)

Gus,

good to meet you. That was an awesome flight. I got video of it somewhere I'll get to you.

Gus,

good to meet you. That was an awesome flight. I got video of it somewhere I'll get to you.

Thanks Nate! :D It was good also too finally meet you...Now build an AWESOME AGM Pike out of that pile of parts i trucked in! ;)

Such a cool project! Thanks Gusser!

Go Sabrina!!!!

-Eric-

YOU! :eek: I love you MAN! :sigh: I really mean it! :sigh: Thanks for teaching Preston the way to mix an INCREDIBLE Skidmark formulation...Young Jedi Noble has become learned in the ways of the Force.

Has he? Mmmmmmmmmmm! (No Yoda Emoji here.)

Back