War?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Precisely, going nowhere fast.

Moving to my personal collection of photos. this folder has 1200 photos of meals I've cooked. it's one of seven just on food. by all means, get the last word in.

15333276389_534f3cf50d.jpg

This photo is stunning. The exposure, saturation, unsharp masking and use of depth of field is remarkable.

wish that one was mine, but it was random google. they look yummy too.

The president did not discuss the strike prior to it happening. I support this action. We cannot turn a blind eye to chemical weapons use. Unlike many of you, I might have to deploy in support of this action.

Thank you for your service.

While he didn't discuss the strike, if anyone was paying attention they knew something was going to happen, and with US (yes, you/me/we the U.S.) the methods would be fairly direct. I support the strike as well, chemical weapons are nasty. Like you now Chuck, I deployed more than once in support of my countries military actions and would willingly do so again.

Thank you for your service as well.

I thought it was a refreshing change that when the reporters asked Trump if and when he would attack Syria he said something like, "I'm not going to tell you anything about my plans". He knew that in the recent past a President announcing specifics of his plans resulted in the enemy being more than ready when the attack finally came as announced.

Go Trump! He seems to understand the value in keeping your cards close to your vest.

While it's true that no announcement was made to the media, the US made a courtesy call to Russia to let them know that missiles were about to be launched. The Russians undoubtedly passed that on to the Syrians (there were Russians at that airbase), so damage was less than it could have been had it been a total surprise. I'm not saying that the warning wasn't a good idea, but people on the ground knew that missiles were inbound and could make adjustments like moving planes to places they wouldn't normally be.

I didn't mean to open a can of worms.
My wife read her relatives post on FB that they were being deployed and wanted to know if we declared war.
I didn't mean to rial anyone up.

Deployment is not unusual, some units can spend a good portion of the year deployed for various units. The US Army MP units I was part of spent at least half of every year deployed some were to hot spots like the middle east others were for support purposes. Sometimes deployments are made to nearby allies of ours to help the bad guys realize attacks in that direction are a bad idea.

This was the very issue with Iraq. 5200 US troops and 100,000 civilians were killed. And for what? ISIS is now loose as Hussein is no longer there to keep them in check, for that matter, neither are his two sons. For twenty four years he kept them in tow, and Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld threw that all away on a knee jerk reactionary decision. No thought for long term consequences, just an immediate, TEMPORARY band aide.

View attachment 316738 Four calling birds three French hens...

While I agree that removing Hussein in retrospect was a catalyst for a lot of unrest in that part of the world and simply created a vacuum for other players, that is not the only factor in forming ISIS. I see both the Bush admin and the Obama admin both played key roles. You cannot look at the rise of ISIS without looking at Obama pulling out of the region prematurely then going in and removing Gaddafi from Libya.

While I agree that removing Hussein in retrospect was a catalyst for a lot of unrest in that part of the world and simply created a vacuum for other players, that is not the only factor in forming ISIS. I see both the Bush admin and the Obama admin both played key roles. You cannot look at the rise of ISIS without looking at Obama pulling out of the region prematurely then going in and removing Gaddafi from Libya.[/QUOT

That how the snowball effect works. Once you start, you'll never be able to stop. As far as Obama was concerned, he made it clear to the Iraqi government that they either back off with their intent to hold accountable ANY US troops for "suspicious" behavior, or he would withdraw the troops. Iraq would not budge and Obama exercised his option to withdraw all troops from the region. They effectively bit the hand that was feeding them. But of course, Obama wouldn't even be in that position had it not been for the Bush administration. The elephant parade charged through the china shop and the Dems were put in the ungrateful position of having to clean up after the mess. Now they want to do it all over again. We aren't dealing with the Japanese or Germans here, we are dealing with in your face, ruthless radicals who have been waging war for centuries who will not change simply because WE decide it's for the 'better'.
Our rules do not apply to them any more than theirs apply to us. It's the nature of the beast. What if we gave the pro war folks what they want: a scenario where NO more chemical weapons are being used. Now what? Do you believe this will stop them from killing each other in any other way? Of course not. They use their swords and keep hacking away at each other as they've been doing since they've practically stepped foot on earth. You can't believe that democracy is applicable over there. As I stated earlier, we've simply become the very part of an endless war against a belief that knows and wants no end but an ongoing, endless war of bloodshed.

They've been killing each other for thousands of years. What makes any nation think they can actually change that? The Iraq war proved that.

Folks should read a book called the Sword of Islam. That is all I am saying.

This has been going on for a long time.

It's not rocket science...

You are missing the much larger point. The two segments of Islam have been fighting with each other for a long time. They have been aggressively expanding their territory for a long time as well.

They used to own Spain. Who do you think Vlad Dracula was fighting when he became known as Vlad the Impaler ? History is important- do some reading.

This is way beyond the immediate situation.

The president did not discuss the strike prior to it happening. I support this action. We cannot turn a blind eye to chemical weapons use. Unlike many of you, I might have to deploy in support of this action.

I am tired of policing regions when local support is nill.
But the pictures of innocent dead Syrian children of his own country reminds me of Stalin's and Hitler's atrocities. Declassified info had showed Stalin once starved a million people to death, cut them off completely because of an uprising.
Putin wants that foothold in the Middle East, period. We need to make Putin understand that human atrocities will not be tolerated. Unfortunately Putin is EX-KGB so cruelty and torture mean nothing to him.

What would Assad have to gain by gassing women and children...

That would be a colossal blunder of epic proportions...

One, that would be a generous gift to his assembled enemies...

There is much more to this situation than we are being told...

Remember that all mainstream media (.gov) is filtered before consumption...

Surely the media and the government wouldn't lie would they...

What would Assad have to gain by gassing women and children...

That would be a colossal blunder of epic proportions...

One, that would be a generous gift to his assembled enemies...

There is much more to this situation than we are being told...

Remember that all mainstream media (.gov) is filtered before consumption...

Surely the media and the government wouldn't lie would they...
+100

This was a joint Syrian/Russian test of the Trump administration. Simple as that.

So much for that non-interventionalism he campaigned on...

America First, Ha...

Make Syria Great Again is the new mantra...

In my opinion the answer is clear and would appeal to ALL. Put your pride aside for once, admit that getting involved in ANY capacity is wrong and pull every last US 'soul' out of the region. So what if they shoot their guns off in the middle of the street in triumph. Let them have their hollow victory and go back to doing what they've been programmed to do for centuries: killing each other. They don't need OUR help people. They've been doing just fine without foreign intervention. Do you get the picture yet? Do you see this IS the outcome you pro-war people want? Annihilation of the brood. What I don't get is how anyone can call themselves pro-life while adopting a pro-war stance simultaneously. Some of you guys need to get on the same page where it concerns the 'sanctity" of life here. Pushing a red button in NO way concerns itself with such matters. You know, just like with Iraq with 100,000 civilians wiped off the face of the earth.
The answer is clear, let THEM kill each other off and WE stay the hell out of it all. This will (with the passage of time) give them reason to get back on track with each other instead of coming over HERE giving us a dose of our own meds. They don't hate us because we're 'rich' and they're jealous. You can drop that delusional crap right now. They're ticked because WE stepped into THEIR yard and played referee with their bickering, religious civil wars. My question now is how do YOU like it. See what you've started? See how it's come full circle? See the pointlessness to it all. One great big circle j3rk with no end in sight. Thanks.

Last edited:
I'll probably get this post locked, but probably should be.
Them people over there have been fighting since their time have began.
I believe that a bunch of religious people got together and put together a bunch of stories to be a guide on how to live and behave, and treat other people.
Some stories, not all, made it into a book, and for some reason, it somehow become fact of history, which has been proven wrong in many ways through archeological findings.
These stories, and this book all came together a long time after the existence of one of the main characters.
Instead of solving the disputes of the region, it enraged it as they now have been fighting for the same piece of desert for century's.
So if they all believe in this so called book, then why don't they live by it instead of doing exactly opposite of what the book tells them how to live and treat other people?

As where we come into play, that dates back Nazi's who escaped to the region and spread the propaganda and trained terrorists ways.
And, to good ol' Good Time Charlie. After Russia left Afghanistan, we left them with a ruined country and they blamed us for leaving them high and dry.
Now, I'll have to go along with their way of thinking here, that corruption comes from power, and power comes from wealth.
Thus they blame Wall Street and Financial Giants, and use to think all Americans are like that.
Thus, the attack on the trade centers.
They look at us, realizing that we can't even take care of our own people, such a the homeless, welfare and the like...
We can't even decide on how we should live here, rioting, looting, etc. Political unstable and all.
And they wonder why we are going over there and putting our noses in again, only to back out again, return, back out, etc., etc., etc.
It's now wonder they hate us.
I understand that we are going after those terrorists groups that are trying to attack us, but if our big political noses didn't get stuck in over there in the first place...
Whatever becomes of this, I just hope any of troops that are deployed over there all come home safely.

looks like it's about time to get outta this thread.....

funny-pilot-ejecting-plane-jet-crash-accident.jpg

Archaeology is a funny thing. It still uses SCIENTISTS to determine the outcome thorough interpretation of the evidence. See, science becomes a valid tool WHEN it finds a warm bed in the religious heart and the two can live happily ever after. Split the sheets and one wants nothing to do with the other for ever and ever after. "Science now bad". Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back