LDRS 36 - 2017 reports

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what I saw on Tripoli's FB page:
17814201_1297326013690548_3041362774380512422_o.jpg

Rain on and off today, tomorrow 's forecast is 19-24 mph winds, at least it will help dry the field, not much for flyin'. I'll be prepping stuff in the trailer tomorrow

Well the storm front did some damage this afternoon according to a Facebook post.....

"Day One at LDRS:
Leave the launch field for lunch to go buy an 10ft canopy. When I leave it's overcast and drizzling with a storm front reportedly rolling in.
I get back three hrs later and there's nothing but a field of mangled popup canopies and a dozen portapotties toppled!*
Tractors pulling trucks out of the muddy parking area.
Whoa... they had a killer thunder storm w/60mph winds just roll through!.
Wow.. now the skies are blue and calm. Crazy!
Glad I didn't set up my gear before lunch! (That's a line of toppled crappers in the background)"

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...1531607990508.63477.1844028171&type=3&theater

Last edited:
Oh Geez, We just got done here in Central Illinois with 4 days of overcast, rainy, crummy weather. Sunny today and weekend here is supposed to be nice so hope the fronts get through out there and the weather clears for LDRS. Kurt

Super nice flight just now from a school team to ~6000 ft. Sorry, no details looked to be about 10 ft tall, 6" frame; bright blue and white.

Whadda ya know, I can actually see my shadow right now.

Super nice flight just now from a school team to ~6000 ft. Sorry, no details looked to be about 10 ft tall, 6" frame; bright blue and white.

Make sure you swing by my tent tomorrow so I can meet you :)

Doesn't look like I'll make even Sunday. I'm in the ER, waiting to be admitted, darn intestinal issues! ; (

Get well first Dave, weather today was very cold and, windy...There were some really good flights up close and, from the away cell.

Great to finally meet Bat Mite and, nice flight of his Formula 200!

Matt Fletcher is itching to go tomorrow on his L3, we did charge size testing right before range close and, with some minor touch up tomorrow should be ready to do it!

Thanks to Teddy at One Bad Hawk for the free stuffage!
View attachment 316703

Thanks to everyone who signed Sabrina's shirt today, I'll hit more folks up tomorrow before I fly it in my Ultimate Interceptor AAD up to 9000' on a Preston Noble M2000 EX Skidmark!
View attachment 316704

See everyone tomorrow!;)

That was a 8" AGM-33 Pike on a CTI skid, L something.

DSC_6948 (2).jpg

Here's a picture of John's Formula 200

DSC_6959 (3).jpg

Last edited:
I missed Cayemburg's Top Gun? Darn!

I know bat-mite launched his Formula 200 today on some M motor. We had a nice long walk to recover that one.

Yah, sweet!!!!

Anyone have pictures of the Cayemburg's Top Gun's going off? Apparently I missed them by like 15 minutes.

Didn't take any pictures but, WOW! What a flight. Great too see Eric and, Tom out there today.;)
Dixie? I was L:D:DKING for you...I have the two Parachutes you bought from Kevin with me.

Folks I'm also carrying a complete Blackhawk 98 that has no owner, so if anyone is interested- Contacting me or Lockreed (he had a post in the Yardsale) will make it yours. Don't make me buy it!
It's too sweet for me...:p

What is bad about a stiff cold wind? - uncomfortable and limits some flights.
What's good? The fields are drying out - quickly.

I didn't drive the whole field but getting in and out was no problem today.
There may be some low spots and depressions out in the huge parking field that are still wet, - I just avoided them today.
Didn't see anyone stuck.

Saw some neat flights, the "cluster king" Boris K. flew a pretty wild saucer that lilfted off on dual Gs and started spinning with many Ds around the perimeter...crazy!

Folks I'm also carrying a complete Blackhawk 98 that has no owner, so if anyone is interested- Contacting me or Lockreed (he had a post in the Yardsale) will make it yours. Don't make me buy it!

Hey Gus!
Is that Blackhawk 98 in your pocket? Or are you just happy to be launching rockets? :tongue:
Wish I was there... Off to work in a bit. Have fun and make sure Matt has a good flight for us.

Didn't take any pictures but, WOW! What a flight. Great too see Eric and, Tom out there today.;)
Dixie? I was L:D:DKING for you...I have the two Parachutes you bought from Kevin with me.

How much $ are you looking to get??
Thanks,

Matt,

I hope you find it!

How was the flight at least? Did she stay together etc....

What size motor did you fly on?

Keep looking, you know it came down.

Awesome flight, M1450, and we've been driving around for 3 hours ararxging with no luck.

Awesome flight, M1450, and we've been driving around for 3 hours ararxging with no luck.

Wow, Matt, :(. When I came over this morning to check your tracking, I was going to offer one of my BRB GPS trackers. Sounded like you had it handled though. So sorry to hear.

Back