1" flat Kevlar in Detroit / Canada

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick@JET

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get 6' of flat Kevlar for my booster Harness from a store? Hobby shop etc?

Teddy and WM all at LDRS and I have a short build window otherwise I would have them ship (I have at home but not where I currently am.

I sincerely doubt you will find it in a store. Maybe online, but you would likely have to buy a lot of it.

Jackie was home today. I had her send me out some AV bay lids. However, this doesn't help your need it now problem...
Sorry.

Jackie will work if she is still there, thought they traveled as a team, thx I'll call her tomorrow

Yes Ryan if I had the booster I could epoxy to MMT and get quite a bit done over the next week

How long are you in the Detroit area and will you be going thru Toledo on your way home? I have some, but I'm at work and I'm not exactly sure how long it is. I'll have to check in the morning when I get home.

I had the girlfriend measure it. It's 48" long, and going by Crazy Jim's instructions on the 3" Punisher build, he used three feet. If 48" is enough, it's all yours. Maybe we could arrange to meet up and I could give it to you. Let me know Nick!

I had the girlfriend measure it. It's 48" long, and going by Crazy Jim's instructions on the 3" Punisher build, he used three feet. If 48" is enough, it's all yours. Maybe we could arrange to meet up and I could give it to you. Let me know Nick!

Wow Ryan that's generous, that would be great I'll PM you my #

If the spare piece from a friend route doesn't work, Vectran line from your favorite marine supply store is roughly the same stuff as Kevlar. It comes in round braid, not flat, but you can match up breaking strengths. It's a little pricey, but OK for a few feet in a pinch. West Marine says they have it, but maybe only in places with lots of sailboats.

Back