BSI 20 minute finishing epoxy

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Quick question? I'm mounting the canard fins on my Jayhawk (Madcow) and the instructions call for epoxy. I was considering using finishing epoxy, so if any got on the fins themselves where the wood dowels are at it would be easier to sand and smooth out without much work. Anytime I work with epoxy or glues I always less is better and makes less mess at least in this case.:):)

Does the 20 minute finishing epoxy have the same type of bonding characteristics as the 15 and 30 minute as in strength or is it just for finishing?

I'm just curious. I can always use 15- minute.

Thanks guys!:):)

The only use i have found for it, is to coat wooden rear cr so it doesnt get scorched .

BSI 20minute Finishing epoxy is iirc their version of laminating epoxy, its thinner than the 5, 15, 30 minute versions.

check it on the plastic NC, some (most?) epoxies don't stick too well to plastics.. Personal experience with the "cheap 1:1 stuff".. always had better experiences with the higher end epoxies..

Apply a dab to the bottom of the NC, and then try to remove it after a day or two..

Back