Launch Rods at LDRS36

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MALBAR 70

More Rockets Than Room
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I know on the MDRA/LDRS FAQ page it states there will be 1/8" and 3/16" rods available. I have several rockets with 1/4" lugs on them (Estes Ventris, Loc Weasel, etc). Will there be 1/4" rods available for rockets such as these? I understand rail buttons are preferred, but I don't really have time to retrofit several rockets with buttons.
Thanks.

Most of the rocket I have that use 1/4" lugs require stand offs, that's why they have lugs instead of buttons, also some were built before I started using rail buttons. It seems to me 1/4" would be more common, most of the Estes PSII kits, some Loc and AT MPR kits come with that size lug as well.

Most of the rocket I have that use 1/4" lugs require stand offs, that's why they have lugs instead of buttons, also some were built before I started using rail buttons. It seems to me 1/4" would be more common, most of the Estes PSII kits, some Loc and AT MPR kits come with that size lug as well.

Our launch pads are interchangeable, rods or rails. There will probably be a few pads on the B rack dedicated to rods, including 1/4".. Don't worry, you will be able to fly your rockets.

Back