Photo albums: any point?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neil_w

OpenRocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
In a fit of boredom I created a couple of photo albums on my profile page. I have no idea if this was a complete waste of time, no way to tell if anyone ever looks at them. It is possible for people to comment on pictures, I have not yet received any (not that I expected to), nor do I have any idea how I will know if anyone comments.

Does anyone ever look at anyone else's photo albums?

I always check out peoples pics if they have any on their page. I have a couple of albums on mine too but don't really add anything new or keep it up to date.

I had no idea you could do this. I went to your profile and looked at both albums. Nice stuff.

I knew we could set up albums,, but didn't know people could comment on it.
COOL rockets buddy :wink:

OK, well thanks to the kindly folks who left a some comments on some of my pics I now know that they are indicated in the "Notifications" pulldown at the top of the Forum web page. So that is good. I replied to one of the comments, we'll see if that individual is notified.

I can't yet see anywhere in the mobile app where those notifications are indicated, possibly because I checked out all the comments (and therefore cleared the notifications) before I checked the mobile app. But it doesn't appear that the photo albums are supported in the mobile app *at all*, so I probably won't see them there.

So far my conclusion is... Don't put too much work into the albums because many people are unaware of them. But you might get a few views.

I do! I frequently look for paint job ideas. I'm also a sucker for vintage launch photos.

from what I can tell, it shows up in "my activity" only

with this thread everyone will know now that its possible to make photo albums and comment on them also.

I had been thinking of the photo album as personal documentation. I wasn't expecting anyone to comment at all. I was actually going to update it with a new fleet pic as it's been a year since the last one. I have doubled my fleet since then(up to 38-ish) and it would be nice to compare with last year. Also, it would be nice to see how you painted a rocket if you happen to lose one and want to rebuild it as it was.

(post #1,000 yay!)

Back