The Job No One Wants

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I deployed with FEMA to New Orleans in 2005 for Katrina we were housed in an old high school. The below facilities are what we had to clean up before we could use them. I believe this high school has since been demolished.

View attachment 323809View attachment 323810

Knowing what I know about New Orleans (and the surrounding municipalities), I wouldn't be surprised if that school wasn't even that old to begin with and looked a lot like that BEFORE Katrina!

When I deployed with FEMA to New Orleans in 2005 for Katrina we were housed in an old high school. The below facilities are what we had to clean up before we could use them. I believe this high school has since been demolished.

View attachment 323809View attachment 323810

...compared to a Los Angles Texaco station restroom I was in once this place is the Ritz-Carlton. It was indescribable and one of the few times in life I wished I could float...I didn't even want my shoes touching the floor. I'm a veteran of Festival restrooms settings, you know, where they all are overflowing. Even THAT didn't gross me out like that LA Texaco....

Gawd, I love TRF! I mean, who knew we could get so much mileage out of "potty talk" I'm just surprised nobody had referenced nozzle diameters, reloads and *gasp* 'ejection charges'! Kudos to Woody! He's a stand-up kinda guy who has sat thru it all. Hope he finally gets the help he deserves. (no-that wasn't sarcastic!)

Gawd, I love TRF! I mean, who knew we could get so much mileage out of "potty talk" I'm just surprised nobody had referenced nozzle diameters, reloads and *gasp* 'ejection charges'! Kudos to Woody! He's a stand-up kinda guy who has sat thru it all. Hope he finally gets the help he deserves. (no-that wasn't sarcastic!)

it takes an awful long time to reload my 98mm 'bunker buster', but I guess the drive to reach ejectulation makes the flight all worth it. On the bright side, thanks to my trusty rockwell retro-encabulator, side fumbling on my ambifacient lunar wanesaft (including my non-reversible tremie pipe to the differential girdlespring on the 'up' end of my pengrammeters), is now effectively prevented. FuN fact: I once knew a girl that had semi boloid slots on her strator.

Back