29mm MD rocket "The Minute Man" (Build Thread)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am too! I was considering a similar build but I didn't want a rocket I couldn't put a JLCR in, so I made mine 38mm with a 29mm MMT.

What's the motor of choice?

Sent from my LGL44VL using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Apogee F10-8. The sim says 6500' I expect more like 5800-6000' which would break the current TRA "F" record.

Thanks,

Apogee F10-8. The sim says 6500' I expect more like 5800-6000' which would break the current TRA "F" record.

Thanks,
Sounds like a fun flight, if you ever see it again. ..[emoji6]

My rocket's way too heavy for that motor... Should fly nice on a CTI G33 mellow. I've already flown it on an AT G80 I got for free (a friend got a bunch on sale but didn't have a rocket for them... Thanks @dr wogz!)

Sounds like a fun flight, if you ever see it again. ..[emoji6]

My rocket's way too heavy for that motor... Should fly nice on a CTI G33 mellow. I've already flown it on an AT G80 I got for free (a friend got a bunch on sale but didn't have a rocket for them... Thanks @dr wogz!)

I have a friend who will lend me a tracker for it!! :)
What’s the weight of that rocket without the motor?
About 3 1/2 OZ. So, not bad at all.

Thanks,

Got the tube & the nose cone wrapped. I got the fins painted today.
All finished! Well, except for the recovery system. Speaking of which, should I stick a 18 inch nylon parachute, or maybe a 12 inch reflective parachute? Suggestions? Remember guys, I'm borrowing a tracker that is really expensive, so I want it to come down relatively slow..
Oh, also, pictures will be posted soon!

Thanks,

At 5000’ feet I’d probably use a streamer vs a chute. Pack your tracker for impact. The guy who’s record you’re trying to break used streamer.

At 5000’ feet I’d probably use a streamer vs a chute. Pack your tracker for impact. The guy who’s record you’re trying to break used streamer.

OK, I'll look into. I'm so excited for the flight! :roll:

Thanks,

Andrew- Did you see that Tripoli updated their page a while ago to include some older records? The F record as listed on their page is currently 6786' from a 2001 flight.

I'm not sure if your rocket sims near that, but either way -- have a great maiden!

Andrew- Did you see that Tripoli updated their page a while ago to include some older records? The F record as listed on their page is currently 6786' from a 2001 flight.

I'm not sure if your rocket sims near that, but either way -- have a great maiden!

Yeah, but apparently that record flight was done before they changed the rules, so I think that's technically invalid.

Thanks,

What makes it invalid?

I just heard that they changed the rules after that flight in 2001. So, I think it might be invalid. I don't know for sure, but I think it might.
I'll check in with James Doughtery, the head of the records dept. in TRA, and see what he knows about this.

Thanks,

I hit 4795’ in a 29mm MD on the weekend on a g80 - I used a 3m long reflective Mylar streamer.

We lost sight of it at apogee but picked it up visually again in the way down. The shiny Mylar streamer worked a treat...

It drifted 600m on a streamer - I shudder to think how far it would have gone on a chute from that high.

I also managed to fit an eggfinder mini in the nose...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I hit 4795’ in a 29mm MD on the weekend on a g80 - I used a 3m long reflective Mylar streamer.

We lost sight of it at apogee but picked it up visually again in the way down. The shiny Mylar streamer worked a treat...

It drifted 600m on a streamer - I shudder to think how far it would have gone on a chute from that high.

I also managed to fit an eggfinder mini in the nose...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Impressive :cool:

It looks as if I might get the Minuteman it's first flight tomorrow!
It'll fly on a F10-8. Expecting about 6K. It won't break the record, but it should be close. :)

Thanks,

Back