Estes C5 motor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockets

Reaction score
This is an old classic motor, discontinued from Estes I think over 10 years ago.
I still have 3 to burn. I have burned 3 in the last 3 years.
Here is a pic of one from 2 years ago in a Estes Dragonite.
IMG_0204.jpg
Are these motors really rare??
I really wish Estes would start making C5's again!

Thanks,

This is an old classic motor, discontinued from Estes I think over 10 years ago.
I still have 3 to burn. I have burned 3 in the last 3 years.
Here is a pic of one from 2 years ago in a Estes Dragonite.
View attachment 315857
Are these motors really rare??
I really wish Estes would start making C5's again!

Thanks,
I would think so.

The C5-3 was discontinued in the 2000-2001 time frame. From what I have heard Estes in recent years, the C5-3 will not be produced anymore.

I found a cache of C5-3 3-packs in Saginaw, MI about five years ago on clearance. Used them in any model requiring short-delay motors. Had one CATO in a Semroc retro-repro Astron Space Plane.

On a similar note, I had a Centuri "Super C" C5-0S rattling around in the range box. Burned it in an Odd'l Rockets Vortico to splendid effect during a demo in 2015.

The C5 is a partial cored motor, with a larger initial thrust spike than the C6. Very useful for getting heavy models off the pad quickly, a number of Estes kits recommended *only* this motor.

My favorite 18mm motor by far. Love em....and have a pile to burn yet!!!

I have quite a number of these left (no, they're not for sale). I really wish Estes made these again along with the B8's. Heck, let's go all out for the B14's while we're at it! Got some of the old Centuri C5-3S "Super C's" as well.

Back