• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

xx Rocket Vision Mach Buster Scratch Parts

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paypal sent.

Received. Cones are all done...all that's left is a second batch of fins and cutting the body tubes and these are ready to go!

I'll post updates tomorrow! Happy Father's Day to everyone.

Brothers!

IMG_1529280297.493663.jpg

Completed kits! Last time they will be in one place. Time to hand them over to the shipping department to disperse them across the US.

Oh wait, that’s me too ;-)

IMG_1529280343.797611.jpg

FYI to those that are receiving a kit...the 29mm motor mount requires a few tight wraps of masking tape to act as “centering rings” at the fore and aft end.

Tracking numbers will be sent soon!

It was waiting for me when I got home. Looks amazing... Great kit. Would you want to put the fins through the wall? I'm just thinking big streamer for recovery.

Hobbyline loads will be fun. The 29/180 case will be exciting. And the 29/240 case leaves me about 3" for recovery gear.... But think about what the H250G will do to it.....

Attachments

• 0620181409.jpg
    0620181409.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 0620181448.jpg
    0620181448.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
It was waiting for me when I got home. Looks amazing... Great kit. Would you want to put the fins through the wall? I'm just thinking big streamer for recovery.

Hobbyline loads will be fun. The 29/180 case will be exciting. And the 29/240 case leaves me about 3" for recovery gear.... But think about what the H250G will do to it.....

Fins will be more than fine with readily available adhesives. I recommend tacking the fins to the tube with 5 minute epoxy and then fillet with RocketPoxy using a 1" diameter dowel. With proper surface prep and voidless fillets, those fins won't come off!

Regarding what will fit and won't fit...that's an issue with the original kit design itself. You may be able to eliminate the shock cord mount by tactfully adhering the shock cord to the OD of the motor tube. There may be just enough of a difference to do so, which buys you ~1.25".

Final thought if you want to go crazy...you could probably remove the shock cord mount in the cone and epoxy a harness into the tip. Then, some of your recovery items can be packed in there, leaving more room for a motor! The Kevlar I provided wraps up tightly.

Last edited:
Final thought if you want to go crazy...you could probably remove the shock cord mount in the cone and epoxy a harness into the tip. Then, some of your recovery items can be packed in there, leaving more room for a motor! The Kevlar I provided wraps up tightly.

I will probably mount mine into the tip of the nose cone like you described.

Ever want to scratch build a Rocket Vision Mach Buster? Here's your starting point.

I have two sets of parts to get you started. One phenolic body tube, one 3D printed cone, one motor mount, and one 6' length of Kevlar shock cord per "kit." Just add fins and a streamer and you're in business. These tubes and cones will take whatever you can throw at them.

Price is $13 shipped for one (PayPal friends and family) or $23 for both. I'll even toss in enough 1/16" G10 for fins if you buy both.

Thanks!

View attachment 315833

Ever want to scratch build a Rocket Vision Mach Buster? Here's your starting point.

I have two sets of parts to get you started. One phenolic body tube, one 3D printed cone, one motor mount, and one 6' length of Kevlar shock cord per "kit." Just add fins and a streamer and you're in business. These tubes and cones will take whatever you can throw at them.

Price is $13 shipped for one (PayPal friends and family) or $23 for both. I'll even toss in enough 1/16" G10 for fins if you buy both.

Thanks!

View attachment 315833

Any chance of getting a MACH BUSTER parts set?

I'm really liking my 29mm MMT version.

I ended up swapping the 6' of what appeared to be 250lb kevlar, with 10' of 500lb.

I also ended up removing the nose shock cord securing lug and epoxied a loop of kevlar in the nose, along with 1 oz of BB's.

I took the fins to the belt sander and put a little bevel on the edges. The fins were comb cut on there roots and 80 grit sanded for better adhesion. Then tacked on with 5 minute BSI, before Rocketpoxy fillets were applied.

The motor mount was left .25" out the back. I will friction fit the motor case. And I always like a wrap of speed tape around the back.

Without streamer and paint, I am at 6 oz so far. There is space for a 29/180 case. But Hobbyline 29/40-120 will be used most. "G138"........

I am still sanding the nose cone to make it a bit smoother before paint.

Attachments

• 0626181220.jpg
    0626181220.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 0627180426.jpg
    0627180426.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 0628180719.jpg
    0628180719.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 76
  • 0628180729.jpg
    0628180729.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 73
I'm really liking my 29mm MMT version.

I ended up swapping the 6' of what appeared to be 250lb kevlar, with 10' of 500lb.

I also ended up removing the nose shock cord securing lug and epoxied a loop of kevlar in the nose, along with 1 oz of BB's.

I took the fins to the belt sander and put a little bevel on the edges. The fins were comb cut on there roots and 80 grit sanded for better adhesion. Then tacked on with 5 minute BSI, before Rocketpoxy fillets were applied.

The motor mount was left .25" out the back. I will friction fit the motor case. And I always like a wrap of speed tape around the back.

Without streamer and paint, I am at 6 oz so far. There is space for a 29/180 case. But Hobbyline 29/40-120 will be used most. "G138"........

I am still sanding the nose cone to make it a bit smoother before paint.

Looks great!

I finish the 3D printed cones by applying several coats of primer. Wet sand with 400 grit in-between the coats and the layering will disappear. These cones are small enough that it's not a ton of effort.

If you guys don't mind me asking what is the finished weight of your rockets?

Mine is at 6.8 oz. Without motor.

But I did add nose weight, and used a good amount of epoxy.

Has anyone flown there 29mm upscale clone. I will have to get back in the sims. Flew mine yesterday on a Hobbyline E16, and it went unstable.

I guess it will need even more nose weight.

Has anyone flown there 29mm upscale clone. I will have to get back in the sims. Flew mine yesterday on a Hobbyline E16, and it went unstable.

And not just a little unstable. you nearly spelled out Mach Buster. :)

It will not fly stable without nose weight.

Back