Starship Nova, the sequel

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EXPjawa

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed this on Estes' website?
https://www.estesrockets.com/coming-soon/007262-starship-novatm

starship_parts.jpg

That's one I've wanted to clone, as it slightly predates my first go-around with rocketry. But nose cone aside, finding accurate patterns for the cardstock parts is sketchy, not to mention getting good decals without Sandman. But the cone availability also means an easier time cloning the Nimbus & Scout Ship Nova. I think I even have a set of Nimbus decals in my folder...

I'll also posit that this would be a cool upscale in the cone can be resolved, now that good patterns are available...

I just noticed it and came here to report it. It was my first as we called them "skill level three bitch rocket." Cutting into the tube made me nervous then and kind of still does. I might get one but will for sure if Hobby Lobby gets them.

That's one I've wanted to clone, as it slightly predates my first go-around with rocketry. But nose cone aside, finding accurate patterns for the cardstock parts is sketchy, not to mention getting good decals without Sandman. But the cone availability also means an easier time cloning the Nimbus & Scout Ship Nova. I think I even have a set of Nimbus decals in my folder...

I'll also posit that this would be a cool upscale in the cone can be resolved, now that good patterns are available...

Already out of stock. I blame you guys:rolleyes:

Nimbus clone! was the first thing I thought of when I saw that nose cone. One of those times to buy two. Build one as-is and save the second for parts/cloning.

Yes, as stated above, you can clone that and the Nova Scout Ship as well. The Nimbus is neat, but a bit more simplistic by comparison to the Nova models. I say that, but I'm still flying my 25 year old Nimbus. The biggest trick would be getting decent decals, since all three sets have light colors that would need to be opaque.

Back