Here's a weird one

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given your shortie piece of BT-80 it sounds like you could make something like a goonie version? :)

The nosecones are like those used in the baby bertha and mini fat boy, so yes, it would definitely be a goonie!

[QUOTE

I am looking for a way to fill in around the pod cones, any ideas would be appreciated.

020170603_101628.jpg[/QUOTE]

Here is where I landed on these pod cones
I ended up drawing some guide lines too follow

holycluster026.jpg holycluster027.jpg holycluster028.jpg

This is going to be more work then I wanted,,, holycluster029.jpg Lots of sanding,,,

first round of bondo and primer, as you can see she'll need some TLC
neil's rocket 008.jpg neil's rocket 006.jpg

Funny how two of the fin fillets haven't dried yet, guess those will have to be sanded and redone. I don't get it,,, when I did them I did three at a time ? these two are on opposite sides, which means 6 fillets should be tacky still if I didn't mix the epoxy right/well enough. ??? MYSTERIES of rocket building LOL
neil's rocket 007.jpg neil's rocket 005.jpg

Just noticed in the last pic the dorsal fin is bowed :(

Nice to see this one back on the move!

first round of bondo and primer, as you can see she'll need some TLC
View attachment 324231 View attachment 324233
That's looking pretty good there. To be honest, I was wondering why you bothered with the fairings in the first place (just looked like more work) but once it's all finished up it's gonna be spiffy.

View attachment 324232 View attachment 324234

Just noticed in the last pic the dorsal fin is bowed :(

That is firmly in "no one's gonna notice" territory I think. What thickness and kind of wood was that?

1/8 balsa with copy paper glued on both sides, she's been in the garage now for some time and it's REAL HUMID out there.
AH, what's a little more sanding :confused2: right ?

Back