Hit by Tornado

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My Gypsy

Reaction score
Hey Gang,

It has been a few weeks since I have been on the forum. My boat shop took a direct hit from an F3 tornado on 2/28. The entire building was leveled and all of the contents were scattered over several hundred acres of fields and woods. The shop was located 10 miles from my home and the same tornado missed our house by 200 feet. There was no damage to our house, but a neighbor's barn littered the yard. There were 4 small inboard hydroplanes in the shop along with all of my tools, materials a boat building supplies. All but a few motors and some odds and ends tools are completely gone. The shop was adjacent to two small houses and two mobile homes that were completely destroyed as well. The only person injured was a gentleman who lived in one of the mobile homes. He has three broken vertebrae but he's recovering nicely. Thankfully, nobody else was home at the time.

Here are a few before and after photos...

IMG_2013.jpgIMG_2080.jpgIMG_2014.jpg

IMAG0652.jpgIMAG0653.jpgIMAG0656.jpgIMAG0679 1.jpgIMG_2209.jpgIMG_2117.jpg

IMG_2226.jpgIMG_2117.jpg

Wow, glad you and your family are okay. So sorry about your stuff, but at least stuff can be replaced.

Wow.... I can't imagine. Glad to hear that you and your family are OK. Good to hear that the injured neighbor is recovering.

Yikes!

But I am glad that the damage to people wasn't too bad. Best of luck and prayers for rebuilding for all of you.

Back