March 25 WVSOAR Launch in Rio Grande, OH

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirk G

Reaction score
Hello, and welcome to our club launch. It is planned for Saturday, March 25th, 2017 weather permitting.

We borrow the field at the Bob Evans Farm, in Rio Grande, Ohio once a month to launch from 10am to 4pm.
The launch date is open to any rocketeer, born again, NAR member or newbie....
We practice safety on the field, but don't stand on formality.
Updates and discussion of field conditions, weather, postponements and other club business is held on our facebook page: WVSOAR NAR 564, and all are welcome to read over our shoulder or post questions.

We normally have at least one vendor present who helps us with supplies, motors, kits, etc. However, they also travel to other larger venues, so ask in advance if you're counting on buying something specific.

We're batting 100% so far this year, So we're watching the forecast VERY carefully as we approach Saturday's launch. Normally, the NOTAM has been filed Thursday with the FAA for pilots. There is normally a "K motor Limit" but if you have questions, please ask. (I'm LPR and so the HPR terminology is Greek to me!)

The drive to the field is virtually all expressway, and there's a great Bob Evans restaurant immediately across the road from us, so feel free to load up and set the cruise control to come spend the day in SE Ohio with us!

Please message me with a launch schedule. I live in NY, but and from southern, OH. I believe you can fly up to K's, and I think you would like to see Rufus Rocket fly there. Here's a photo.

Terminator D2a.jpg

Back