My Formula 200 pics!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
Well, she is just about ready to ground test on Saturday. Here are some pics. Note the awesome thrust plate by Scott Case of SC Precision. Has my name and cell number on it. Cool.

IMG_1823.jpg IMG_1824 (2).jpg IMG_1825.jpg IMG_1826.jpg IMG_1828.jpg

John

Very nice rocket. Yes that thrust plate looks nice. What are you planning for a motor for its 1st flight? What did the weight come to with out motor?

Very nice rocket, but you do realize the entire world now has your mobile number!!!

Wow, either that's a huge rocket or you're a midget.

Ha, just kidding John! Nice rocket! Needs paint.

Holy smokes John, freaking huge! The rare time I disagree with Nathan, clear coat it!
Hope You can post a video of your flight in a couple weeks.

John

Very nice rocket. Yes that thrust plate looks nice. What are you planning for a motor for its 1st flight? What did the weight come to with out motor?

An M2000 research motor made by MDRA's Scott Szympruch. It is a VERY baby M, coming in at 5130 Ns. Should go to 3750'.

One other thing what is the space between retainer cap and MMT I see in the pictures?

It's is a space between the MMT and the thrust plate. I measured to the bottom CR, which is recessed a bit from the end of the booster. No effect on anything, just a little air gap.

I have a TFR PAR36 for my drogue, and another for my pilot chute. :wink:

Very nice rocket, but you do realize the entire world now has your mobile number!!!

It's not in text, so I don't think web crawlers will find it. But if I start getting weird crank calls from TRF members, I'll have to change it!

And a final thanks to everyone who has made me feel good about this.

I will be ground testing on Saturday. Tonight and tomorrow night I'll be stripping e-matches and measuring out powder, putting the recovery laundry in. Saturday's weather looks to be a true, gorgeous spring day. Very excited.

What's in there?

• MadCow (nee Rocketry Warehouse) Formula 200
  • Two RRC2+ altimeters
  • BRB900 GPS transmitter
  • SC Precision anodized aluminum thrust plate
  • Aeropack 98mm flange-mounted retainer
  • RocketPoxy
  • 15' silk military surplus main chute
  • Fruity chutes D-bag
  • 36" TFR PAR36 drogue
  • 36" TFR PAR 36 pilot on the D-bag
  • One Bad Hawk Kevlar harnesses

John! I am so excited to see this monster come to life. The rocket looks beautiful. I hope to see video next! Congratulations on the nice workmanship and completion of such a nice professional looking build. And a big thank you for choosing SCP to be a part of it.

You're probably taller than me (I'm a stubby 5'6") but darned if that rocket doesn't make you look short.

Seriously, though, that rocket looks great! The nosecone is a thing of beauty....

Best of luck on the inaugural flight!

hahahahahahaha,,
man, you guys are too much...
John, that beast came out just smokin...
You just wait,,
the maiden is going to go perfectly...
Good for you John...
beautiful build..

Teddy

You're probably taller than me (I'm a stubby 5'6") but darned if that rocket doesn't make you look short.

Seriously, though, that rocket looks great! The nosecone is a thing of beauty....

Best of luck on the inaugural flight!

Ah, I'm 5' 4". Rocket is 10' 4". :eek:

Holy cow. If you can't have fun with that thing, you're just not trying!

Can't wait to see the launch report/photos/videos.

John
Make sure someone gets a lot of pictures and video. Once again very nice job.

Thanks. I'll do my best. I know I'll be watching. The resident MDRA videographer should be on hand. I can probably find someone to shoot stills. Probably Rockets Magazine's guy will be there, too.

Teddy no LDRS for us. TFR is taking a very large part of our lives now. Maybe to much.

Well,, that's good I guess Gary..
You will be in our thoughts while we're watching some crazy cool flight go up... lol...

I'm gonna be thinking,,
Man,, would Gary love to see that one,,, lol...

Teddy

Back