Pemberton Low Power Kraken Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1st coat of primer mostly removed and ready for 2nd coat.
KRAKEN 1ST SANDING.jpg
2nd coat and vastly improved, but nose cone and tube interiors still need a lot of work.
KRAKEN 2ND COAT.jpg

Yes... I feel your pain. By the time I upscaled this, I'd had enough and glassed the interiors of the tubes. Probably not worth it on the 24mm version, though.

Looking good so far!

Later!

--Coop

Finished Kraken.jpgKraken 2.jpgKraken 3.jpg
I got her finished up in Rustoleum Metallic Black and Metallic Red. I put her up twice. Once on a D12-5 and again on a F24-7. I will get a youtube video up at some point and flight data for the for the F24 flight.

[YOUTUBE]/oZ3y6VPVup8[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]/la75-n5eqPg[/YOUTUBE]
Kraken 6-3-17 F24.png
The maiden flight was on a D12-5(no flight data)
The second flight was sweet, but I need a slightly larger chute. One of the tube fins took some damage on landing.
The locking motor mount functioned flawlessly.

Looks great. I have a scratch built copy in progress at the moment.

I'm hoping to spray the outsides of the tube fins this week.

I'm dabbling with the idea of doing some colour shift squid like blobs on the body tube / fin externals.

Looks great. I have a scratch built copy in progress at the moment.

I'm hoping to spray the outsides of the tube fins this week.

I'm dabbling with the idea of doing some colour shift squid like blobs on the body tube / fin externals.

What I did for the tube fins was to fill, primer and paint the insides of the fins 1st. That allowed me to hold the outside of the tube and just sand off my finger prints when done. Then I used rolled up paper to "mask" the painted inside of the fins. The external tube lines were completely filled with primer and smooth as silk by the time they got painted.

Latest posts

Back