MIDWESTBLAST2 Michiana Rocketry Launch April 22 and 23, 2017 Three Oaks, MI

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, Bob's not going to like that...

Great to see you yesterday and congrats to Karrie on her perfect L1 flight.

Great to see everyone yesterday, conditions were awesome. Sure wish I could attend more launches, but just not in the cards.

No pics wanted to keep it simple.
Flew 2 HPR for nice long walks.

Firestick XL - must have a girlfriend west of the flight line, always likes to go that way. J250-14 to 3053'.
Interesting issue with my primary altimeter- both drogue and main charges went off in the pad even though it beeped 3 beeps after initialization. Pulled apart and couldn't see anything obvious so decided to use motor backup and the backup altimeter for the flight which worked fine.

LOC Precision Hi-tech on an H45 long burn. DD with no motor backup. Flew on a nice long burn arc away from the flight line ...to only 2586' and 2208' feet away from me :), RTx worked ok but was visible the entire flight. Learned to not tilt the launch rail for a long burn , really needs to be straight.

Formula 38 on a little F27 FJ-7 sec delay was perfect. As soon as I get an RF tracker, going to shove a G40 or G80 in it!

54MD shakedown flight didn't happen, couldn't find fly aways or a tower, next time will come more prepared. This is ok as I think I have some fine tuning fit issues and tracking issues to finish prior to flight.

Thanks to Michiana rocketry and the volunteers who made for a great launch.

Thanks Bob J @ County line Hobbies for bringing my AeroTech M1939 White Lightning for a future launch.
alway good to see ya Nick. You loved watching your (and everyone elses flights) I dont mind getting spanked THAT bad in a drag race once in a while. sence I did the same to Andy an hour or so later in DaManley Drag Race.
Now I have to talk my sister in a road trip to Prinston Memorial weekend (yah she would want to come down that weekend) so I can leave the vending at home and just fly and B.S.

Here are just a few pics taken yesterday. I'll post up some videos soon.
Here is Cari before her L1 attempt. Flight couldn't have gone better. It reached 1302' on an AT H178 DMImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1493047138.578201.jpg
This is Mr. Bob with Polish Thunder III. Awesome flight with three AT I280 DM. ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1493047446.519482.jpg
And Mike Momenee with his Delta Clipper, launched on an AT L1520 Blue Thunder. Another perfect flight that was definitely a crowd pleaser. ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1493047519.692909.jpg

Mr. Bob, this is the video you've been waiting to see. The Bomb Pop drag race! What a fun rocket. Easy and quick build and cheaper to fly. I have a feeling there will be many more races between these two rockets. Thanks for pressuring me into taking it off your hands Bob!
https://youtu.be/R2ahUnKXBrc

My wife posted a bunch of photos from Sunday on the Michiana Rocketry FB page, here are a couple of them :

This is my 1.6" Madcow Bomarc, flying on an Aerotech E20-4 SU. It was the first flight and I wasn't sure how this was going to go. Well, it took a hard left turn off the rod and probably only went about 200ft high. The delay seemed to take forever and the parachute took it's sweet time opening up, but it was recovered completely intact. Phew.

Madcow Bomarc (Medium).jpg

I think this is Dan/Trevor's BBII flying a Loki Skidmark.

BBII Sparky (Medium).jpg

Bob's Polish Thunder III, flying 3xAerotech I280DM

270 (Large).JPG

cheers - mark

Last edited:
Wow killer shot of PS III just proves I can light a full cluster. lol Take that Dave!!!!

Wow killer shot of PS III just proves I can light a full cluster. lol Take that Dave!!!!

Care to elaborate?

Woody...Imagine an ENTIRE day of that...I'll bet I don't need to elaborate and you're getting the idea. :lol:

Bob...no matter how many clusters you fly I'm still not letting you live that land shark down. ;)

I had a blue and lime green 54mm minimum diameter rocket CATO at about 1k feet. It tore out of pad C-4, then abruptly turned north north-east. If anyone finds pieces please contact me.

I had a blue and lime green 54mm minimum diameter rocket CATO at about 1k feet. It tore out of pad C-4, then abruptly turned north north-east. If anyone finds pieces please contact me.

My son found an ebay on Sunday morning, I think it was a for a 54mm rocket. We left it at the RSO table. The ebay was still intact.

cheers - mark

Photos from MIDWESTBLAST2, thanks to all who helped out and participated!

STRIKER_ROCKET3.jpg STRIKER_ROCKET4.jpg
My striker rocket on it's way to tickle the waiver maximum

MWB2130.jpg BIGBLUE_ROCKET3.jpg BIGBLUE_ROCKET4.jpg
My big blue rocket on a L1395 Blue Streak motor with wide open all blue sky, can you ask for anything more out of life.

More photos to follow

Last edited:
Few more photos I have of MIDWESTBLAST2:

MWB2_BATRAY.jpg
Look at the beautiful curves on that Madcow BATRAY rocket

MWB2_BLADE.jpg
Not sure who this was but this contraption had 4 motors on it, when launched it looked like a lawn mower blade escaping the lawn mower.

MWB2_PIGROAST.jpg
Of course had to post a photo of the famous Pig Roast, felt sorry for the pig but it sure was Yummy!

MWB2_SUGARROCKET.jpg
This large rocket was launched sucessfully on a EX made sugar motor

MWB2_BRAD.jpg 20160416_101340.jpg
Brad Wilson from WILSON/FX wireless launch systems helping out, always giving the best vendor service possible, it your club doesn't have a WILSON/FX launch controller get one, best decision our club ever made.

MWB2_VENDORS.jpg MWB2_WILDMAN.jpg
Many thanks to our vendors who helped come out and support MIDWESTBLAST2,
Countyline Hobbies, Impulse Buys, Red Arrow Hobbies, and yes even the Wildman was there.

MWB2_NELSONS.jpg
MWB2 Saturday after launch get together and BS session at Nelson's Saloon, Yes RUMPLEMINTZ made an appearance.

Last edited:
Back