L3 Wildman Extreme

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is going to be a great Rocket - as Tim would say - it can take anything you can shove in it. Should be a limitless engine choice!following

Yea, my brother has something he used to recover my wedding video....that I might have accidentally deleted.... I need to buy him a bottle of whiskey and see what he can do.

Oops,, accidents happen..
But some are worse than others...
I'm really sorry to hear this David...
He'll be able to recover it,,, for sure...

Teddy

Oops,, accidents happen..
But some are worse than others...
I'm really sorry to hear this David...
He'll be able to recover it,,, for sure...

Teddy

oh, he did. That was five years ago lol. My ass is nearly healed from that chewing....

oh, he did. That was five years ago lol. My ass is nearly healed from that chewing....

( what the heck,, Sandy doesn't read this forum )
Hey,,
Sandy's sister Nancy is getting engaged..
They were all coming here on Thursday from Florida for a 4 day fun fest..
Then Nancy went on his Facebook account..
There's this woman friend..
She was dressed quite scantily...
He clicked "Like" and said some complimentary things to her..
Now we may be cleaning up the backyard this weekend for nothing,, lol...

Nancy grabbed his ass when he got home yesterday....

My wife said " he's getting a freakin time out mister",, lol...

No click likey...lol..

Teddy

Yea, my brother has something he used to recover my wedding video....that I might have accidentally deleted.... I need to buy him a bottle of whiskey and see what he can do.

Good luck! I would also be happy to take a look at it for you.

36354988630_9f0c2923f9_b.jpg

36581675852_da5ba094e9_b.jpg

Now that's better.

36654411830_085a11e7b9_c.jpg

Proline 4500 fillets mixed at 25:4 grams, one batch per fillet. Used slightly less in each, but not enough wasted that I'm worried about it.

two sets down... one set to go tonight, then it's just paint and av-bay.

In primer....

36385875504_fa063572c7_b.jpg

using a fine 3M sanding sponge to very very lightly smooth out the primer without cutting through it. Just enough to knock off the rough and make things smooth.

36825335890_8c00a3d330_b.jpg

So, My plan to fly this weekend got tossed into a bit of a tailspin. However, progress continues and when the time is right, and all things line up, then it will fly.

No glue on the nose. Usual threaded rod setup here-
37185993102_eaf6016dd4_c.jpg

Also got some paint on her.

36961240670_03b4e740be_b.jpg

Just realized I never updated for paint. Vent band still needs paint, but it's a bit snowy outside so that'll have to wait.

38402253614_f4ccb04c3b_z.jpg

While I was taking photos, my inspection team snuck down to check my progress.
25245638468_12b96e0952.jpg

yep.... motor is still there!

38402251994_743b50c438_c.jpg

Ha,,
Too cute Dave,,
but where's the rest of the inspection team ??
That's only half in that pic..

Teddy

hahahahaha,,
I swear to you Dave it may be hard to see this now
but there'll be a day when you miss this..
Heyyy,, wait a minute,,
I don't hear a racket,,
there up to something... lol...

Teddy

How old are they now Dave ??

Just realized I never updated for paint. Vent band still needs paint, but it's a bit snowy outside so that'll have to wait.

38402253614_f4ccb04c3b_z.jpg

Pretty rocket David but what's ya doing for tracking? It will disappear quickly in a blue sky. But then again, whatever you paint it it's going to disappear once it's up there. Kurt

Pretty rocket David but what's ya doing for tracking? It will disappear quickly in a blue sky. But then again, whatever you paint it it's going to disappear once it's up there. Kurt

Depends on the light really. At those heights you're more likely to see it as a shadow anyways, and the trail of tracking smoke. Again the smoke is better if it's backlit. As for under descent, the chute is multicolor and bright/dark. Blue stands out really well in trees/ground.

12, 5, 4, 4, and 18 months...

here's everyone with my parents.... SUPER thrilled about the cold

24129841_10155716452345856_6358940690174333647_n.jpg

hahahahahaha,,
it took a while before I noticed the baby's feet are off the ground,,
your father is holding her up..
I was thinking wow,, what a tall baby,, lol...

Ohh man Dave.. They're just too cute..
As hard as it may seem you relish these days for sure..
They're going to go by wayyy too quick...

YYYaaayyyyyyyyyyy,,
Christmas is almost here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I bet that's a big one in your house,, lol..
Good for you Dave..

Teddy

Depends on the light really. At those heights you're more likely to see it as a shadow anyways, and the trail of tracking smoke. Again the smoke is better if it's backlit. As for under descent, the chute is multicolor and bright/dark. Blue stands out really well in trees/ground.

Ummmmm, M2550? I 'spect you'd see a smoke trail and I hope the smoke burns long. Blue sky? Gonna disappear.
Overcast? Well if the the cloud level is relatively low or the ceiling "miscalculated" could still disappear. Largest
main chute that is multicolor helps a lot and depending on the venue, blowing the main up a little higher would give a chance for full opening if the process turns out to be slow. Chute blanket or D-bag? Kurt

Ummmmm, M2550? I 'spect you'd see a smoke trail and I hope the smoke burns long. Blue sky? Gonna disappear.
Overcast? Well if the the cloud level is relatively low or the ceiling "miscalculated" could still disappear. Largest
main chute that is multicolor helps a lot and depending on the venue, blowing the main up a little higher would give a chance for full opening if the process turns out to be slow. Chute blanket or D-bag? Kurt

honestly I have no illusions of seeing this thing. My screech, darkstar, and villain have all been out of sight in the first second of flight.

honestly I have no illusions of seeing this thing. My screech, darkstar, and villain have all been out of sight in the first second of flight.

Illusions ?? About seeing it ??
I see what you did there,, lol..

Teddy

I know,, stick to my day job..

Back