L3 Wildman Extreme

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
time for some injection....
Yep.... it's in there. green FG is so much nicer for this than black....but I do love black...

Wildman's red tubing is see through too. It's all Ill use from now on. I hate guessing on how the internals ran. With the translucent tubes (green, red, whatever) it's so much easier. I still have one green tube rocket to build. For some reason I keep putting it off...
Looks good!

Wildman's red tubing is see through too. It's all Ill use from now on. I hate guessing on how the internals ran. With the translucent tubes (green, red, whatever) it's so much easier. I still have one green tube rocket to build. For some reason I keep putting it off...
Looks good!

Yea, I noticed that about the new tubing. Certainly a good feature. The only downside is any of the epoxy joints under the tube are visible, but nothing a bit of paint on the tail end cant fix.

Yea, I noticed that about the new tubing. Certainly a good feature. The only downside is any of the epoxy joints under the tube are visible, but nothing a bit of paint on the tail end cant fix.

Yeah, I agree. Some of my internal fillets on centering rings are a bit uneven, and COMPLETELY visible. So, it just makes me a better builder(or more anal...) to try to get better fillets on the rings.

I flipped this bad boy tail end up, wrapped some tape around the aeropack and injected 10ml (around 15oz) of aeropoxy around the BT. Waited a few minutes for it to drop down, poked a bit here and there with a popsicle stick, and then pulled the tape.

33746205470_c6a470267e_c.jpg

I flipped this bad boy tail end up, wrapped some tape around the aeropack and injected 10ml (around 15oz) of aeropoxy around the BT. Waited a few minutes for it to drop down, poked a bit here and there with a popsicle stick, and then pulled the tape.

33746205470_c6a470267e_c.jpg

Looks great so far. Since it's an extreme wildman you should cert using the N10,000... Always stuff the largest motor up the tube right?

I'm a lot more impressed with the shadow of the way the injected epoxy flowed for the internals...
Really good coverage...
Good work man...
Everyone tease me because my builds come out heavy because of things like this,, lol..
This build will last and last and last...
Probably longer then your interest in flying it,, lol....

Good build man..

Teddy

Thanks Teddy, I'm hoping it lasts a good long time.

As for losing interest... i dunno man, that's a big old hole there lol.

hahaha,,
Yep,, you're right..
There's a whole lota different flight profiles you can come up with with a 75 mm mount....

Teddy

There's a whole lota different flight profiles you can come up with with a 75 mm mount....

All kinds of fun ;)

34148266905_8d2faf62b7_o.png

That last one is an 8000..... I'd need to extend the booster a smidge for that guy...but maybe...

Last edited:
All kinds of fun ;)

34017068091_1b6234e37b_o.png

That last one is the M3464, for some reason the filename is wonky. I'd need to extend the booster a smidge for that guy...but maybe...

There's a ton of seriously cool flights other then level 3 loads..
You have a flight there that I drooled over..
The M 900 LR..
I like a bit more thrust to weight,,
Maybe it was for Kansas,, that's why I said no...
Man did I want to fly that load,, but I felt "SteamPunk" was just a scootch too heavy,,
I didn't want to risk anything with something that heavy..

And there's also a heavy hittin white load for the 8000 case...
Just a touch more burn time then the Blue load,, more my cup of tea...

Teddy

One more thing,,
The first time you assemble a 1650 Cocktail,,,
You're going to be severely impressed,,
just with the workmanship that goes into the load....

Last edited:
Still slowly gathering things ;) Got a shroud for my Mobius, which may need to be replaced from a minor incident... a pile of stuff from MAC, and an M2550LB :)

35618154822_aa73caaf5d_c.jpg

Still slowly gathering things ;) Got a shroud for my Mobius, which may need to be replaced from a minor incident... a pile of stuff from MAC, and an M2550LB :)

35618154822_aa73caaf5d_c.jpg

Yay an update! Nice pile...I recognize the writing on the green tape. Did you say the shroud was damaged or the Mobious camera? Hmm I see a vacuum pump, do I see a layup in your future?

Yay an update! Nice pile...I recognize the writing on the green tape. Did you say the shroud was damaged or the Mobious camera? Hmm I see a vacuum pump, do I see a layup in your future?

a layup isn't out of the question, but it's immediate purpose is to avoid what may have killed my camera- a minor boom that sent it on a wild ride off the side of my Villain. The shroud is in perfect shape. (The new one. The exploded one, not so much).

Im pretty bummed I didn't get any CATO video off the camera. The LED lights up for charging, but I can't get the unit to turn on.

Im pretty bummed I didn't get any CATO video off the camera. The LED lights up for charging, but I can't get the unit to turn on.

Can you pull the micro SD card and put it in a different reader?

I can see all the old videos that were on it. The light was flashing that it was recording when I left the pad. I had it recording in ten minute segments, but it wasn't on the pad long enough to write one

I can see all the old videos that were on it. The light was flashing that it was recording when I left the pad. I had it recording in ten minute segments, but it wasn't on the pad long enough to write one

Hmm I am pretty sure it creates the file once it starts recording, then fills it to the 10 min mark or whatever your settings are, then creates a new one. If that is the case then you should have a partial, and readable, file. You can try some data recovery software and scan the card. I have a tool that I can't recall right now, which is very good at recovering multimedia files. I will have a look and see if I can find it, but someone else may have a recommendation in the interim.

Hmm I am pretty sure it creates the file once it starts recording, then fills it to the 10 min mark or whatever your settings are, then creates a new one. If that is the case then you should have a partial, and readable, file. You can try some data recovery software and scan the card. I have a tool that I can't recall right now, which is very good at recovering multimedia files. I will have a look and see if I can find it, but someone else may have a recommendation in the interim.

I have had great luck with R-Studio; it will find file fragments not visible to the file system. (I don't know if they have a Mac version though.)

Yea, my brother has something he used to recover my wedding video....that I might have accidentally deleted.... I need to buy him a bottle of whiskey and see what he can do.

Back