Virtual Buzz Aldrin

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peartree

Cyborg Rocketeer
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
As a part of this year's South by southwest conference, Buzz Aldrin was not only in attendance, but gave a presentation on his Mars cycler and his ideas for colonizing Mars. While he was there, he was also doing some recording for a virtual reality Buzz hologram that sounds as if it will be released in the near future.

I saw this short video this morning on Twitter and thoughts some of you might be interested as well.

[video=youtube;9bff_YHdVYM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bff_YHdVYM[/video]

I still love that way he slugged that nay-sayer in public. After all the sacrifices people made in the space program including some that lost their lives I could appreciate his anger.
AKS

I still love that way he slugged that nay-sayer in public. After all the sacrifices people made in the space program including some that lost their lives I could appreciate his anger.
AKS

I oppose physical violence just because some idiot disagrees with you. However, I am 100% behind Mr. Aldrin in this case. He should have gotten a medal for punching that moron. He should have kicked him too.

That is cool. I can see a day in the not-too-distant future where we'll have interactive virtual historical figures. Kind of like the voice-activated assistants we have now like Apple's Siri, Amazon's Alexa, etc. and have a Buzz Aldrin or Von Braun VR front-end on it. That would be very cool.

I don't know what the obsession with Mars is. It's a dead planet.
There is no atmosphere, and never will be (again?)
I can see it being a stellar gas station convenience store for longer flights, but not much else.
Without a live core, every effort to make an atmosphere there is doomed before they start.
And, everything put on the surface is subject to high radiation from the sun.
Colonizing Mars would be best done underground, IMHO.

I don't know what the obsession with Mars is. It's a dead planet.
There is no atmosphere, and never will be (again?)
I can see it being a stellar gas station convenience store for longer flights, but not much else.
Without a live core, every effort to make an atmosphere there is doomed before they start.
And, everything put on the surface is subject to high radiation from the sun.
Colonizing Mars would be best done underground, IMHO.
Sahara, Antarctica, Everest, Marianas. It's there, we're not, let's fix that. IFF there's a point to existence ( I carefully make no argument either way ), then diversifying one's gravity well portfolio is mandatory.

Sahara, Antarctica, Everest, Marianas. It's there, we're not, let's fix that. IFF there's a point to existence ( I carefully make no argument either way ), then diversifying one's gravity well portfolio is mandatory.

My wife is from Saipan, part of the Mariana's chain. Mostly a Japanese tourist destination.
Though, many America's mainlanders have moved there.
Unless...you mean the trench. I have no wish to go there.

Latest posts

Back