Button Camera?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm very interested in onboard video. I got one of the 808 cameras and while I'm still trying to figure out my best approach for mounting it (not to mention getting it to work), I have to admit from the start I really hate how it looks. Even with the various shrouds available, it's like a wart on my rocket - especially considering the relatively small diameter rockets I'm building. I just can't wrap my head around electrical taping this thing to something I've spent many hours getting to look perfect.

So to the point of my post: has anyone seen or used these button cameras? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-HD-19...469084?hash=item567cc4f15c:g:eMEAAOSwqv9V5pkG

I figure I can cut a small slot in the electronics bay/body tube for the lens to poke out of with a much smaller fairing on the leading edge of it.

For $30 I might just roll the dice and see what I get. You know. For science.

The T186 (as I've now learned it's called) arrived today. Looks promising. The camera mechanism weighs almost nothing. It comes with a 2500 mA lipo battery which has some heft though, so I think I might look in to a smaller battery if I'm getting too heavy. Really liking the remote control for turning on the camera, and the camera has an antennae supposedly so you can activate it through walls... We'll see if the same goes for cardboard body tubes... An added feature I wasn't aware of is that the mechanism vibrates when it's turned on. This is I'm guessing so if you hide it in something (a la nannycam) you can get an audible cue when recording is on.

IMG_5445.jpg

The T186 (as I've now learned it's called) arrived today. Looks promising. The camera mechanism weighs almost nothing. It comes with a 2500 mA lipo battery which has some heft though, so I think I might look in to a smaller battery if I'm getting too heavy. Really liking the remote control for turning on the camera, and the camera has an antennae supposedly so you can activate it through walls... We'll see if the same goes for cardboard body tubes... An added feature I wasn't aware of is that the mechanism vibrates when it's turned on. This is I'm guessing so if you hide it in something (a la nannycam) you can get an audible cue when recording is on.

View attachment 315333
I came across your post. How did that camera work out?

Back