Which PML rocket is this?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billdz

Reaction score
This was for sale on eBay, the seller said it was a PML 2-stager but didn't remember the name. I got outbid, but just curious if anyone knows what it is. Said to be 8' high, 3" diameter. Sold for $158 plus $41 shipping.

pml rocket.jpg

I thought it looked similar to the Quantum Leap, but the fins look different and the booster stage looks much longer.

I think the seller just dry assembled it incorrectly for the pic. Take the payload tube off the one on the left stick it on the long tube on the right and there is your sustainer on the right, and you're left with a booster on the left

Yes, that makes sense, thanks. Guess the auction winner got a pretty good deal, a $340 rocket for $200. The fins are already glued on so if they are wrong the buyer will have to break them off somehow.

Yes, that makes sense, thanks. Guess the auction winner got a pretty good deal, a $340 rocket for $200. The fins are already glued on so if they are wrong the buyer will have to break them off somehow.

Might not make that much difference in reality unless there is a problem with the internals. If the pictures were a dry mockup the new buyer still is in good shape. Kurt

Back