St. Louis Rocketry Association Launch - Addieville, IL - March 25, 2017

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrwalsh85

Reaction score
Hi All,

We are going to try AGAIN for a launch at Addieville, IL. Hopefully third time is the charm!

Currently we see some rain in the forecast next week, so we will be in contact with the landowner in regards to launch status. I will keep an ear out for status updates and post here.

Setup starts around 10:00 AM.

We have a new waiver, good to 17,500' AGL.

Pads of all sizes will be available, from 1/8" rods to 1515 rails.

Maximum motor size: Simple N / Complex M (1000' clear radius from launch point)

We ask that you e-mail [email protected] if you are attending, and what you might be flying if possible, and if you have any unique launch needs, and we will see how we can help.

Important -- If you are flying a L motor or larger, or need a larger than standard pad for any reason, please email [email protected] so we can make sure we have the right equipment on hand. We have a very large launch pad, which does not get toted out to the field unless it is needed.

Right now the weather looks favorable for the launch, but anything can happen. If anything changes, we will try to update this thread as well as the website.

We will not have any vendors at this launch. I believe there will be a porta potty available.

Location and directions to field:
https://goo.gl/maps/iiqX8sNuySD2

From the St. Louis area:
◾Take I-64 east to IL-177 (Okawville)
◾Turn right onto IL-177 W/E High St
◾After 0.2 miles, turn left onto Hen House Rd
◾After 0.7 miles, turn left onto 5th Street Rd
◾After 1.2 miles, continue onto Hummingbird Rd
◾After 1.3 miles, turn left onto IL-160 S
◾After 3.4 miles, turn right onto Raven Rd
◾Driveway will be 0.4 miles ahead on the right

Mother nature has foiled our plans once again. We will keep an eye out for opportunities to fly and try to post with as much notice as possible.

Thanks,
Mike Walsh

Back