Scioly Bottle Rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps we should start a water rocket forum, but TRF as it currently stands is dedicated to solid and hybrid propellant rockets.

Perhaps we should start a water rocket forum, but TRF as it currently stands is dedicated to solid and hybrid propellant rockets.
The watering hole is specifically set up for off topic discussion. There is nothing in the TRF policy banning discussion of water rockets here.
I looked over it twice, feel free to double check.
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?13110-Rules-and-Guidelines
The mod for this forum is Peartree. Maybe we should let him decide what can be posted here that isn't covered under the forum rules..

The watering hole is specifically set up for off topic discussion. There is nothing in the TRF policy banning discussion of water rockets here.
I looked over it twice, feel free to double check.
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?13110-Rules-and-Guidelines
The mod for this forum is Peartree. Maybe we should let him decide what can be posted here that isn't covered under the forum rules..

Me thinks that the intent of the of the post was more of a thought than a jab,similar questions are not uncommon on the boards here since folks see Rocketry forum and assume that it means all things rocketry. The rules of The Watering Hole have been discussed ad nauseum here and I am pretty sure that John understands them clearly.

The suggestion of a room for water rockets wasn't a bad one, although "non incendiary" might be better than one specifically for water rockets. I've been doing some research on this and I think even some of the people here would be amazed at the variety of ways people come up with to make rockets.
It's not like anyone who didn't like the subject would be forced to visit the room.

For the record, I don't care if someone wants to talk about water rockets in the Watering Hole. If we can talk about lawn equipment and dishwashers (and we have) I don't see where a discussion about water rockets could go far wrong.

In fact, if it was energetic enough and had lots of participation, that's exactly the kind of thing that would help to convince the mods, admins, and owners that a separate forum for water rockets might be viable.

Back