Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I continue to be baffled as to the real benefit of time-limiting the editing. It seems there are so many legitimate circumstances where one would want to edit an older post; why restrict it in this way?

My photo albums: fleet pics and OR Models

I completely agree. Please revert this setting.

Thou shalt not violate causality within my historic light cone. Or Else.
    NAR member 92906

Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    blackjack could you post a link to that thread? I'd like to see it.
    Here's the big 3 yr project....note Title is "Sparrow-Hd-Arcus"....but I was always changing the end to reflect was what being posted. This allows the followers/viewer's to keep up in real time. My last update to Title was a year after starting and was "year end report" . Thread was started Feb 2016 and last edited Jan 2017 {title} over 15,000 views

http://www.rocketryforum.com/showthr...us-P-N-project

Here's a yard sale post from back before you guys were involved, it just popped up current recently.
    I update the first post to reflect status of item and have changed it several times. started 2013.....1st post edited last time Feb 14 [2017] to reflect lower price ...more items free ship "in stock as of March"..... ... over 43,000 views.

http://www.rocketryforum.com/showthr...-ya-need-these

This thread has over 107,000 views is a sticky at top of high power category. It is a kinda 'build all' of how too for a fiberglass rockets. Used as a reference by many new guys/and even many old timers.

Granted no changes have been made lately, but for almost 3 yrs, things were added/deleted/updated to reflect different things....first post started in2012 last edited 2014....2yrs later. other posts were edited in 2015.

http://www.rocketryforum.com/showthr...LD-quot-STARTS

I have many other instructions for kits/build threads on the books that have been edited to reflect changes. Just about any threads listed here with over 5,000 views show as build/instruction threads for various kits that were new at the time. They are still used as instructions for the "kit" by many.
    http://www.rocketryforum.com/search....archid=5420538

I suppose I am kinda the exception due to my affiliation with several vendors/manufacturer's as far as building & beta testing many new products and revealing them here for the first time. As time progresses changes are made to altimeters [electronic item] for instance and I edited/deleted pics and content to reflect progress.....The RRC3 for instance took 2 yrs from start to finish. 55,000 views Another thread was started after shipping began that's in there somewhere another 24,000 views......you get the idea, I'm sure.

http://www.rocketryforum.com/showthr...altimeter-LCD-!

But I know there are others who would benefit from access to editing. Most who fall into this group, are high content providers, who post regularly on this forum, & have very high views due to the quality of the posts.
    Maybe you could even "re-instate" edit-delete privileges for those with X amount of posts/views/regular content providers on this forum.
    I fully "get" the problem with folks who get rampant/mad and delete every thing, but those are so few and the majority suffer for the sins of a few morons that don't belong here anyhow. [with bad attitudes like that]

I'm sure I will figure a work around to get my content in "time Line". Things are always changing and those of us whom succeed, must change also. [it's just inconvenient and aggravating] LOL

Thank you for taking the time to listen to the "rest of the story"
    Last edited by blackjack2564; 31st March 2017 at 04:21 AM.
    Jim Hendricksen
    L-3 Tripoli 9693
    [ICBM, Orangeburg,SC R.I.P.] - QCRS ,Princeton ILL - MDRA , Price Maryland - Woosh, Bong Wisconsin- ROCC, Charlotte NC , ICBM Camden SC
    "Made" member of Chicago & Carolina Rocket Mafia
    Rocketry...........an exact science.......but not exactly !!!

Good news and Happy Weekend!

The time limit has been removed on editing posts. You all gave me enough information to relate to owner/head tech about how the editing effects your research posts, so he is okay with the no time limit.

I have made the change. Thank you for the information and working with me.

Thank you!!!!
    My photo albums: fleet pics and OR Models

The time limit has been removed on editing posts. You all gave me enough information to relate to owner/head tech about how the editing effects your research posts, so he is okay with the no time limit.

Thank YOU for working with us!
    Dick Stafford
    The Original Rocket Dungeon
    Volunteer compiler of product news for ROCKETS Magazine

Much appreciated, you just made Forum life more enjoyable again!
    Jim Hendricksen
    L-3 Tripoli 9693
    [ICBM, Orangeburg,SC R.I.P.] - QCRS ,Princeton ILL - MDRA , Price Maryland - Woosh, Bong Wisconsin- ROCC, Charlotte NC , ICBM Camden SC
    "Made" member of Chicago & Carolina Rocket Mafia
    Rocketry...........an exact science.......but not exactly !!!

Fantastic! Thanks for listening on our and their behalf.

Thanks for that news Angie!

Dreaming of making the rockets I dreamed of as a kid (and then some).

NAR L1 Cert flight: Sheridan, Oregon, USA. Sept. 19, 2015. Flew Deep Space OFFl on an I357T-14A Blue Thunder