Estes Scorpion #7232

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samb

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Estes had an E2X Scorpion years ago but this one is a very cool 13mm sci-fi model. Including the motor mount, I counted 26 joints. Some naked photos with bonus blood on the vertical stab 'cause that's how it goes sometimes. :)

IMG_0790.jpgIMG_0792.jpgIMG_0793.jpgIMG_0794.jpg

I like it with the smaller canopy! Looks great...

I got my nephew a Scorpion kit for Christmas. Kind of made me want one too, but I don't need another kit.

You are not helping...:mad:

I like it with the smaller canopy! Looks great...

I got my nephew a Scorpion kit for Christmas. Kind of made me want one too, but I don't need another kit.

You are not helping...:mad:

I like it too, and I like having two options. Kind of a multi-mission capability.

Hope your nephew enjoys the build. I'll venture to say that none of us need another kit ! :grin:

I'm happy to do my bit as a proud TRF enabler. :handshake:

I actually like the smaller canopy!
The kit nose cone canopy always seemed bulbous.

I actually like the smaller canopy!
The kit nose cone canopy always seemed bulbous.

I does seem to fit the overall scale better to my eye. I hope to see how each one performs when spark is applied to a wooosh generator.

I need to make some fin repairs to my Scorpion and Lynx. New nose cones and cardstock canopies just got added to the punch list. Really nice touch.

That smaller canopy works well with this design. :cool2: I should probably add ones of these to my fleet as well, to go along with the Lynx.

Here are some pictures of my finished model. Approx. 6 grams of clay in the nose, 3/4th of the pat included with the kit according to the instructions. I thought the scorpion part of the wing decal would look better on the vertical stab. The exposed motor tube is flat black with some dry brushed silver then flat clear.

IMG_0824.jpg IMG_0826.jpg IMG_0829.jpg IMG_0827.jpg IMG_0830.jpg

Weight without motor: kit cone 1.25oz/36g, low profile cone 1.3oz/37g. The kit facecard estimate is 1.1oz/31.2g.

I really like these 13mm Estes sci-fi models !

Back