Where can I buy a 1010 rail?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I built that same pad...it's great. Easier to use on a flat spot of ground than on irregular terrain. Ordered my 1010 from Amazon; it was a good price at the time.

With just a few different PVC components, it wouldn't be too difficult to re-design it for irregular terrain.

After picking up the rod and looking at this from a better perspective, I agree with you. This would not be a good idea. I will build a better base or use the above mentioned 3rd arm rigs that others have been using. I would like to look at one up close before purchasing. I can go to a machine shop around the corner and get a basic tripod or quad pod base fabricated pretty cheap.

Here's to a bigger, better base!

How did you tap it 20" or did you mean 2"? That is what I was planning on trying, but would rather go with more hanging out the bottom to drive it all the way to the bottom of the mantis pivot arm. It is probably about 6-8" long. If that doesn't work, another meter suggested fastening it on the backside of the rail.

Jarod
Jarod:
NO, NO, HO! 1/4-20" = 1/4" diameter with 20 threads per inch. My 1/4" rod was cut 6" long I used a 1/4-20 threading die to thread 3" of the rod, then Tapped the center hole of the Rail with a standard 1/4-20" Hand Tap. The tap length is the limiting factor with the overall threading length at about 3".

Again, you can use whatever stinger you want, 1/4" or 3/8" that will fit into your head and just use hose clamps to hold the rod to the rail, you only need about 6" of overlap and the rod will self center into the rail slot on the side, then just clamp it down.

Frank

Jarod:
NO, NO, HO! 1/4-20" = 1/4" diameter with 20 threads per inch. My 1/4" rod was cut 6" long I used a 1/4-20 threading die to thread 3" of the rod, then Tapped the center hole of the Rail with a standard 1/4-20" Hand Tap. The tap length is the limiting factor with the overall threading length at about 3".

Got it. Thanks for teaching me something new today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Again, you can use whatever stinger you want, 1/4" or 3/8" that will fit into your head and just use hose clamps to hold the rod to the rail, you only need about 6" of overlap and the rod will self center into the rail slot on the side, then just clamp it down.

Frank

Got it thanks. Will be testing some setups soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back