Longer days and warmer weather ahead...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't posted here in awhile, but the itch to build is around the corner. California got a lot of rain this year and now it looks like the weather is getting warmer which means its time to lay the paint on a couple projects I've been working on. My MC Patriot and my PML Bull Puppy 3" I also need to finish the Jayhawk.

My Siberian Husky Sasha has gotten bigger and a little more mature, but not trusting her enough not to get into my stuff so .... she's just gonna have to stay in the house or yard while my paint dries on my paint jobs and I'm gonna have to clear the work benches after each build session.

I hope everyone is doing well and working on some cool projects.:)

Gonna go for my L2 this year:wink:

Post flagged and reported to admin for triggering Winter Storm Stella.

Kidding. I keep adding to the paint pile as we remain shut-ins in the Northeast. Forecast is for up to 20 inches tonight thru Wednesday. enjoy your flying season; ours seems months away.

Post flagged and reported to admin for triggering Winter Storm Stella.

Kidding. I keep adding to the paint pile as we remain shut-ins in the Northeast. Forecast is for up to 20 inches tonight thru Wednesday. enjoy your flying season; ours seems months away.

WOW that's crazy...sorry to hear about the storms. I could go for some more rain

The weather guy predicts about a foot for us in Milwaukee...
This shot from the lobby of my office this afternoon.

2017-03-13 13.16.29.jpg

The rain brought me back too. We're having gorgeous weather up north here, so I laid some paint down today. We've had several launches rained out, but we've still managed to have three. I've missed it!

No snow but gonna get down to 22 (Fahrenheit for our non-US folks) here in West Tennessee. Was in 70s earlier this week here.
Brrrrrrr

We got hammered today by Stellar :snowflake::snowflake::snowflake::snowflake::snowflake::snowflake:

Over 30" of snow (in one day). Now winds picking up so blowing snow/whiteouts and below zero wind chills.
Everything is closed
Travel bans
Have to go check to see if I need to snow blow for the 5th time
What a day....

Low this morning of 60 degrees (Fahrenheit), high predicted to be 92 degrees today. Wayne and I are getting ready for our 5th launch of the year a little over a week for now (it will be rocket flying days 13 to 15 - however, I have lost track of the number of flights). Beautiful blue sunny sky with just a hint of a breeze. Ahhhhh.......

Snow? It's been quite a few years since I've seen it and I sincerely don't miss it. Les, 30" of snow sounds like Hell to me.

Currently 86 and humid here...

But that's because I'm currently in a huge indoor water park.

Blizzard conditions outside, going to need the 4wd when we leave. I'm not expecting decent flying weather until maybe mid-April.

A mature Husky? Haha, you're funny! They're like perpetual 2 year-olds!

It was below 40*F here this morning, which for coastal Alabama this time of year is freakin' cold! I've also been adding to my paint pile. It's been too windy or wet to spray paint lately.

A mature Husky? Haha, you're funny! They're like perpetual 2 year-olds!

It was below 40*F here this morning, which for coastal Alabama this time of year is freakin' cold! I've also been adding to my paint pile. It's been too windy or wet to spray paint lately.

You nailed it on the Husky LOL for sure!! Mine is super smart and knows whats up. I love her though...she's great company! Now if I can teach her to wet sand:)

You nailed it on the Husky LOL for sure!! Mine is super smart and knows whats up. I love her though...she's great company! Now if I can teach her to wet sand:)

The first couple years we had our Husky, I wondered if he could really be as dumb as he acted. After that, it became increasingly obvious that he was really smart, but just incredibly stubborn. He didn't do stuff we wanted him to do, not because he couldn't learn, but just because he didn't WANT to.

Back