Smallest altimeter?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AltimeterFour comes in two pieces. The tiny part you fly—and might lose or break—will be our least expensive. The overall price isn't set yet.

All bets are off now :eek:

Theory: you buy one Alt4 "base" unit (to use other sysyem nomenclature", can you then use multiple "rocket" units???

All bets are off now :eek:

Theory: you buy one Alt4 "base" unit (to use other sysyem nomenclature", can you then use multiple "rocket" units???

Yes. You only fly the bare minimum components needed, including a tiny rechargeable battery.

Cuz it's not like you're going to replace the battery in a < 1 gram altimeter yourself.*

*Actually, you can. You'll see when we release it.

Yes. You only fly the bare minimum components needed, including a tiny rechargeable battery.

Cuz it's not like you're going to replace the battery in a < 1 gram altimeter yourself.*

Embed the same design with a next-gen chute release? Please.

*insert boss with coffee mug meme"

And if you could solve world hunger while you're at it.....

That'd be Greatttt.

There&#8217;s still time to release it in time for me to get one before this weekend&#8217;s launch here in Vegas. ;)

Can't get the software to install on my mac, keeps giving me an error... can run it through windows on the mac and it is all good. :)

I was trying to help a friend buy an JLA3, but they're out of stock almost everywhere. Any news on JLA4?

Those terminal block look to be self locking.
Wish there was more info on this unit....looks good 3 pyro for 100 buck.

Whatever happened with Adept? They were a Force in the 90's.
Site still up:
https://www.adeptrocketry.com/

Does anyone still use them? Seems like Perfectflite, Missileworks,
and Jolly Logic has taken over. Severe competition in the altm field.

I have several adepts. They are at end of life and no longer sold or produced. You may find some for sale on the forum.

Oh, thanks for info. I thought they were still on the site.
I see he sells ham FoxHunting xmtrs. I remember making a CB tracker long ago, built a loop antenna from the Amateur Handbook. Critical thing is you have to have an S-meter on the rcvr to zero in on the direction of the signal, audio level does not work because the dynamic range of THE EAR is too wide.

Plus don't forget you'll need a battery.

You can take the power cable they give you (which probably weighs more than the altimeter), and somehow attach a battery (3.7-8.4V).

So probably one LiPo battery, charged up past 3.7V, which is about 40% for most batteries.

Just does altitude and temperature, by the way. No rocket analyses.

"Smallest" depends on the criterion: smallest tube into which it will fit? Or lowest mass? The correct answer will depend on its use.

I'd assume smallest diameter is the normal criterion. But may be wrong. I'm often wrong. I'm married, after all...:D

Best -- Terry

Smallest
"Smallest" depends on the criterion: smallest tube into which it will fit? Or lowest mass? The correct answer will depend on its use.

I'd assume smallest diameter is the normal criterion. But may be wrong. I'm often wrong. I'm married, after all...:D

Best -- Terry

Smallest diameter tube. I think it is the telemini.

How does the Featherweight Parrot stack up? It would fit in a 18mm tube if I remember correctly. Had its own battery too. I have one but never flew it.

Out of interest, can anyone tell me what the connector cable supplied with The Hobby King altimeter is officially called. I acquired the altimeter in a bunch of secondhand gear and I have a 3.7V Lipo battery for it but I cannot work out where to get the connector cable.

Back